Aiguille Du Midi Cable Car
At 3842 m the Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix offers a 360 degree viewpoint over the French, Swiss and Italian Alps and is the highest point accessible by cable-car in Europe. At the summit, there area number of viewing terraces, a cafeteria and a souvenir shop - Remember to bring warm clothes, sun cream and a camera.
**Please note: unplanned maintenance work on the Aiguille du Midi Cable car, the cable car will now remain closed until the 7th of July 2018, for trips booked before this, the days trip will follow an amended itinerary. Instead you will be taken to see Mont-Blanc from the opposite side of the valley via the Brevant cable car, which takes you up to an impressive 2,225m with unbeatable views out across to Mont Blanc and the valleys mountain range.**
Montenvers - Mer de Glace
The Montenvers rack railway starts from Chamonix and within 20 minutes reaches the bottom ofthe Mer de Glace (1,913 m), Frances largestglacier (7km long, 200 m thick). The Mer De Glace translates as the Sea of Ice and is one of the most stunning views in the Alps. Visitors can also descend in to the Ice cave that is sculpted in to the glacier.
Chamonix town Centre
At the foot of Mont Blanc (4808m), the highest mountain in western Europe, Chamonixs alpine town atmosphere and spectacular scenery attract people from all over the globe. This picturesque year- round village offers a great range of attractions, shops, bars and restaurants. Chamonix will leave a lasting impression.
- Collection from the Gare Routiere, in Geneva at 8:15.
- Travel to the Chamonix Valley.
- Full audio tour and commentary in 8 language on journey to Chamonix.
- You will be taken to the Aiguille du Midi Cable Car.
- Montenvers Railway for Mer du Glace Glacier.
- Free time in Chamonix.
- Lunch in Chamonix (if All Inclusive ticket is selected)
- Travel Back to Geneva at 17.00 with a pick up from the Cham Sud bus stop.