Chania Wine Tour - The Holy WineWrite a Review
OverviewWine tour to a unique Monastery which will take your breath awayâ¦
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourWe will start our tour from Chania City Center around 9am in the morning, heading to a magnificent and historical hill where we can admire the panoramic view of the town. The wine roads of Chania lead us to an extraordinary monastery, in the foothills of an old mountain range, built in 17th century by two monks from the ancient traditional Cretan family. The architecture of the building inspired by the famous Veronese architect Sebastiano Serlio. It was burned by the Turks in 1821 and restored in 1892.
The monastery has a great history and huge tradition on winemaking and olive oil production. The monks produce Cretan and international varieties of wine like ââRomeikoââ, ââMuscat of Alexandriaââ, ââTrebiannoââ, ââCabernetââ etc. Taste the extra virgin olive oil on traditional Cretan rusk with own-made cheese and fresh tomato accompanied with the best Cretan wine varieties. Also inside the monastery there are two museums with magnificent treasures. The one will show us the history of the monastery and the other one will learn us about the Cretan way of living and the wine-making in the past. Â
Leaving the monastery with a unique taste on our palate we will visit a wonderful nature park, a gorgeous oasis only a few kilometres from the city center. We can admire and walk through the pure nature, smell the blooming vegetation and hear the birds singing.
Inclusions for Chania Wine Tour - The Holy Wine
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- English speaking guide & Wine specialists
- Air-conditioned bus transfer
Exclusions for Chania Wine Tour - The Holy Wine
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is formal
Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 48 hours before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.