Charleston Old Walled City Scenic Sunday Walkabout
OverviewOur 2.5-hour Sunday walkabout departs from 108 Meeting Street, the Historic Charleston Foundation Gift Shop. As a group, your professional guide will lead you in a tour of Charleston's old walled city. At 3:00 p.m., you will enter the garden at the Heyward Washington House. This historic home was built in 1772 and was the home of Thomas Heyward, Jr., a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence. This was also the place where the nation's first President, George Washington, stayed during his 1791 visit to the city.
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
This Sunday afternoon Charleston Walkabout tour is a public tour designed to enrich your visit to America's most historic city. As you tour the city, your guide will weave a story of disaster and redemption, patriots and pirates, the Civil War and the American Revolution. As the story of Charlestons fascinating history unfolds, you will tour neighborhoods full of architectural treasures both grand and ancient. You will traverse ancient alleyways and peek into lovely old gardens. This public tour meanders through Charleston's Old Walled City from the French Quarter and South of Broad to the Battery and White Point Gardens. You will visit the gardens and outbuildings of the Heyward Washington House. This home features magnificent Charleston-made features and a formal 18th century garden. Later, in 1791, Heyward leased the house to President George Washington during his Southern Tour. As an option, guests may tour the house as well. This walking tour ends at the waterfront and is restricted to 15 guests per tour.
Inclusions for Charleston Old Walled City Scenic Sunday Walkabout
- Professional guide
- Admittance to the Heyward Washington House Gardens and outbuildings.
Exclusions for Charleston Old Walled City Scenic Sunday Walkabout
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Additional optional fees can include discount admission to the Heyward Washington House and/or the Edmondston Alston House.
- Food or drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Carry water and sunscreen in the summer.
No minimum age applies
Bring umbrellas for rainy weather, tours go out rain or shine
Wear appropriate shoes, some sidewalks in Charleston are very uneven
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Morris Island Lighthouse Eco-Cruise
- Private Sailing Charter on Charleston Harbor
- Guided Civil War Carriage Tour of Charleston
- Private 4-Hour Inshore Fishing Charter in Charleston
- Romantic Christmas Sleigh Ride
- The Southern Charmer Magic Show in Charleston
- Small-Group Tour: Charleston Harbor by Speedboat with Boating Lesson
- Small Group Haunted History Walking Tour of Charleston