OverviewCharlotte, North Carolina’s largest city, is a great place to explore by bike. On this morning or evening tour, pedal through sprawling parks and down beautiful tree-lined streets while learning about Charlotte’s history, culture, architecture, art and entertainment from your guide. Highlights on this Charlotte bike tour include Levine Avenue of the Arts, the Mint Museum, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, the Gantt Center, Trade and Tryon and Fourth Ward Park.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide inside the Overstreet Mall at your selected departure time. You’ll be outfitted with a bike and helmet and given a brief safety orientation before embarking on your 1.5-hour bike tour of Charlotte.
Engage all of your senses as you pedal down beautiful tree-lined streets and through parks filled with history. Pause at the intersection of Trade and Tryon streets, which mark the city's center and divides the city’s first four wards.
Cruise down Levine Avenue of the Arts past local shops, coffee shops and restaurants cooking up classic Southern food. This avenue is home to the Levine Center for the Arts, one of Charlotte’s key cultural destinations comprised of the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, the Harvey B Gantt Center for African-American Arts and Culture, the John S and James L Knight Theater and the Mint Museum Uptown.
Pedal past The Green, small public park, and explore historic Fourth Ward Park, located at the center of the Fourth Ward section of Uptown. This lovely green park, a common ground for all kinds of city-dwellers, features several walking trails and fountains and is surrounded by towering urban buildings.
Throughout your easy, mostly flat bike ride, your guide will stop to provide commentary about Charlotte’s history, architecture, art and entertainment, and give you time to take some photos and soak up the atmosphere. Your Charlotte bike tour ends back at the Overstreet Mall.
Inclusions for Charlotte Bike Tour
- Use of bike and helmet
- Professional Guide
Exclusions for Charlotte Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Participants under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent OR an adult 21 years or older with a signed waiver from parent
Dress code: Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate layers; no hats
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.