Chateau Gaillard Royal Domain Admission Ticket - Tours
OverviewLose yourself for a whole day in the royal Forgotten Paradise of Charles VIII. This ticket will give you access to 500 years of history ! Step back in time and discover the fabulous epic of French King Charles VIII, who brought back 22 Italian artisans in Amboiseand founded the "First Renaissance" at Chteau Gaillard.
Know More about this tourYou will discover this palazotto, wanted by Charles VIII, which has passed through the centuries and known all the great characters of the French Renaissance: Louis XII, Anne de Bretagne, Franois Ier, Dom Pacello da Mercoliano, Catherine de Medici, the Cardinal de Guise, Mary Stuart, etc.
You will finally know the fabulous history of the acclimatization of the first orange trees of France in the royal orangery under the castle. In 1496, Charles VIII brought back in his luggage the greatest master gardener of Europe: Dom Pacello da Mercoliano (a Neapolitan monk).
In 1500, Chteau Gaillard became "Les Jardins du Roy" and Pacello inherited the estate against a bouquet of orange blossoms to offer to the king every year! Chteau Gaillard becomes a place of experience for this illustrious gardener. In a 15-hectare park, Pacello will create the beginnings of "French-style" gardens, he will develop a new variety of plums (greengage), etc.
Stroll through the 7 walking path of Paradise, explore the caves in the hill, smell the citrus in the greenhouses and finish your visit to the citrus bar. You can taste the honey of Heaven, the orange blossom jelly and most importantly, enjoy a homemade orange cake and a freshly pressed orange juice.
Inclusions for Chateau Gaillard Royal Domain Admission Ticket
- Admission ticket
- Professional art historian guide (free guided tours in french)
Exclusions for Chateau Gaillard Royal Domain Admission Ticket
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Pedestrian access only (29 alle du Pont Moulin, 37400 Amboise)
Temporary closure from June, 27th to July 1st 2018
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.