Chengdu Day Tour Of Tasting Sichuan Cuisine And Experiencing Local LifeWrite a Review
Visit the Sichuan Cuisine Museum for an interactive experience of spicy Sichuan cuisine learning how to prepare some popular local dishes. Stroll around the Peopleâs Park, a favourite with the locals, enjoy a tea tasting at a traditional Chengdu tea House and explore the ancient Wide and Narrow Alleys.
- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Meet your private guide in the lobby of your Chengdu hotel at 08:30 and transfer by air-conditioned car to the Chengdu Sichuan Cuisine Museum located in ancient Pixian, to the west of Chengdu city.
On arrival you will be met by a museum guide to start your visit with a local snack of fresh pancake made with a variety of fillings. Next visit the museum’s Classic Collection Hall where there are thousands of antiques, especially of kitchen ware. Continue on to the Raw Materials Display, where you can learn how the famous Pixian chilly bean paste is made and taste some more local delicacies, this time Xuanzi Pea Jelly. There are several exhibits you will be shown, including the Sichuan Restaurant Alley, where you will get a feel for the dining experiences of old Chengdu and see the building styles of Chengdu from over 100 years ago. Learn how to crush chilies into powder using an old pestle and mortar, make spicy or sweet bean curd pudding and grind beans with an ancient machine. Your interactive tour continues with the museum’s master chef who will guide you through the process of making three typical Sichuan dishes and learning some Chinese cooking skills. Finally, taste the dishes you have prepared accompanied by fresh fruit, fruit juices, tea and red wine.
Say farewell to the staff at the museum and drive back to Chengdu city to relax while you wander around Renmin Park (People’s Park). Here you can see local people coming together to drink tea and chat, while others will be dancing, singing. If you are feeling energetic, you can hire a peddle-boat and enjoy the lake. Whilst in the park you will visit the traditional Heming Tea House for a refreshing cup of tea, served in the traditional way. As well as a place to relax, Chengdu tea houses are also important social and commercial places.
From People’s Park continue to Kuanzhai Xiangzi, Wide and Narrow alley. Kuanzhai Xiangzi is a place where troops were housed during the Ming Dynasty. Over time the surrounding city fell into ruin, but Kuanzhai Xiangzi survived the ravages of time. The area was reconstructed between 2003 and 2008 and Wide Alley now has tea-houses and old lodges as well as the opportunity to watch a traditional puppet show. Narrow Alley is a good place to see the old courtyard culture of Chengdu with gardens, trees and houses to visit. A third ‘alley’ is called Well Alley and after reconstruction now houses a host of restaurants, cafes, shops and pubs.
Later your guide and driver will return you to your Chengdu hotel where the tour ends.
Inclusions for Chengdu Day Tour Of Tasting Sichuan Cuisine And Experiencing Local Life
- Entrance fees
- Chinese Lunch
- An English-speaking local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Chengdu Day Tour Of Tasting Sichuan Cuisine And Experiencing Local Life
- Gratuities (RMB 65 per person per day for guides and RMB 35 per person per day for drivers recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.