Chengdu Half-Day Bike Tour
OverviewGet a good workout on this half-day bike tour while learning about the daily customs of Chengdu locals. Visit Peoples Park, where the locals come to relax and pursue their daily leisure activities. See the Qingyang Palace and the Wenshu Temple to learn about the importance of religion. Absorb Chengdus special atmosphere and see the sights of the city through a different lens.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourCycle through the streets of Chengdu on this half-day guided bike tour. Your friendly and informative guide will assist you in obtaining your bikes, after which you will head straight to Peoples Park. After cycling past the beautiful scenery and monuments, stop to sip tea at a traditional tea house and watch the locals partaking in different activities, such as playing chess, practicing tai chi, drinking tea or playing music.
Love is in the air over at one section of the park, where parents exchange their childrens pictures and contact information, hoping to match them up in the future. Leave these cupids to their matchmaking and cycle over to Kuan-zhai Lane to enjoy the sights of older-style buildings, gardens and rows of souvenir shops and vendors lining the street.
Continue riding to the Qingyang Palace and learn from your guide about the Taoist religions influence on the local people. Ask your guide about the internal and external structure of the building, as well as the figures and monuments inside, and their significance to the religion itself.
Make a quick pit stop at the Song Xian Qiao antique market, where you can browse different trinkets, from carpets to chess sets and various artworks. Make sure you dont buy more than your bike can carry! You will then ride over to the Wenshu Temple, a preserved Buddhist temple housing many precious works of art that are considered cultural relics. Your guide can give you an overview of what makes a Buddhist temple different from a Taoist temple.
After half a day of discovering the streets of Chengdu on your bike, rest your legs by taking the air-conditioned coach back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Chengdu Half-Day Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bicycle rental and fees
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Chengdu Half-Day Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour operates daily regardless of weather conditions
Not recommended for children or seniors over the age of 60
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sichuan Gourmet Food Tour from Chengdu
- Day Tour: Chengdu Giant Panda Bear Research Center and Leshan Grand Buddha
- Chengdu Private Tour of Dujiangyan Panda Base And Qingcheng Hot Springs Including Lunch
- Chengdu Day Tour of Tasting Sichuan Cuisine and Experiencing Local Life
- Experience Chengdu: Sichuan Cooking Class
- Private Day Trip to Dujiangyan Irrigation System and Qingcheng Mountain from Chengdu