Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding And Research Base And City Highlights With LunchWrite a Review
See the giant pandas at Chengdu Gaint Panda Breeding and Research Base. Get a letter post-marked at Panda Post, stroll around in Renmin Park for local people watching, and experience Chengdu culture in Kuanzhai Xiangzi-an ancient street of Qing dynasty.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Popular choice with kids
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Meet your private guide at the lobby of your hotel at 8am and transfer by air-conditioned car to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, located in parkland about 30 minutes driving from the city center. Here, you will have plenty of time to walk around and enjoy seeing the giant pandas, young and old, as well as the lesser-known red pandas. The younger pandas will fascinate you with their amusing antics as the attendants try to encourage them to climb.
After leaving these famous Chengdu residents behind, you will head back to the city and go to Renmin Park (People’s Park). Here, you will see many local people coming together mingling with each other. Many will be drinking tea and chatting while others will be dancing, singing, or just sitting and reading. If you are feeling enthusiastic, you can hire a peddle-boat and enjoy the surroundings of the man-made lake in the park.
Another great place to see Chengdu culture is Kuanzhai Xiangzi (Wide and Narrow alleys), a location within the old Chengdu city where troops were housed during the Ming Dynasty. Over time, the surrounding city fell into ruin; however, Kuanzhai Xiangzi survived the ravages of time. The area was restored between 2003 and 2008, and Wide Alley now has traditional tea-houses and old lodges as well as the opportunity to watch a traditional puppet show. Narrow Alley is a good place to see the old courtyard culture of Chengdu with gardens, trees and houses to visit. A third ‘alley’ is called Well Alley and after reconstruction, it now houses a conglomerate of restaurants, cafes, shops and pubs.
Transferred back to your Chengdu hotel where tour ends.
Inclusions for Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding And Research Base And City Highlights With Lunch
- Chinese lunch is served at a local restaurant
- An English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Bottled Water
Exclusions for Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding And Research Base And City Highlights With Lunch
- Children's entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.