Chengdu Walking Tour Including Teahouse And Street Food
OverviewDiscover life in Chengdu on a leisurely walking tour with an experienced guide. See contemporary buildings like the New Chengdu Museum and Sichuan Library, explore the historical Kuan-Zhai Lane area, and visit Peoples Park. Stop for tea at a traditional teahouse, and savor an authentic Chinese snack from a street vendor. You'll also check out local hangouts where residents go through their usual routines, from exercise to matchmaking. Throughout this 6-hour tour, hear informative commentary about the history, culture and latest trends of Chengdu.
- Instant Confirmation
- Dinner included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour Chengdu walking tour starts at the Mao Zedong statue in the center of Tianfu Square, where you'll meet your guide.
Walk to see three modern buildings that are becoming new landmarks in the city: Sichuan Art Gallery, Sichuan Library and the New Chengdu Museum (not to be confused with the Sichuan Museum near Dufu Thatched Cottage). If Sichuan Art Gallery is open for an exhibition, you can go inside to check out the art (admission is free); the museum and library are still being finished, so simply admire the architecture from the outside.
Next, head over to the Kuan-Zhai Lane area, one of Chengdus three historic conservation districts. Constructed in 1718 during the early years of the Qing dynasty, this pleasant pedestrian thoroughfare is home to a fascinating mix of classic Sichuan architecture and modern cafes and boutiques. While you walk, listen to commentary from your guide about the district's history and design, and witness how some of the city's old establishments local restaurants, traditional teahouses, Chinese calligraphy demonstrations sit alongside the new.
Continue to the tree-lined paths of Peoples Park and take a seat at Heming Teahouse, where you'll sip a cup of tea and relax in a bamboo chair as your guide explains Chinese tea traditions. An optional massage and ear cleaning can be purchased from independent practitioners on-site. Then stroll around the nearby lake and watch local people practicing tai chi, square dancing, singing karaoke and playing musical instruments.
Enjoy a snack from one of the many food vendors in the park, who serve items like noodles, wontons, dumplings, steamed buns and pancakes, and then make your way to the neighboring Children's Palace, where local teenagers, often accompanied by anxious parents, take extra courses in order to improve their studies and chances of getting into a good university.
Your tour ends here, where your guide can help you find a taxi or give other advice on how to get to your next destination (any transport at own expense).
Inclusions for Chengdu Walking Tour Including Teahouse And Street Food
- Professional guide
- One bottle of water
- Street food snack
Exclusions for Chengdu Walking Tour Including Teahouse And Street Food
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional massage and ear cleaning at the tea house
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under the age of 5 years are free of charge
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Umbrellas are recommended for rainy days
Total distance walked is about 1.9 miles (3 km)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Chengdu Experience Tour including Giant Pandas and the Sanxingdui Museum
- Private 4-Day Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong National Parks Tour from Chengdu
- Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding And Research Base and City Highlights With Lunch
- Private Overnight Guilin and Yangshuo Tour by Air from Chengdu
- Private Day Tour: Chengdu to Leshan and Luocheng by Train
- Private Chengdu Biking Exploration Day Tour