Chernihiv Day Trip From Kyiv - Kiev
OverviewChernihiv is a poem not less interesting and significant that the poemabout Kyiv. It means a long-standing grandeur and rivalry betweenChernihiv and Kyiv, Chernihiv own profound culture and traditions. It is a museum town, conservation area with many centuries of history, culture, memorial places and museums. Chernihiv was the second important town in the Ancient Kievan Rus'.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Chernihiv is a poem not less interesting and significant that the poem about Kyiv. It means a long-standing grandeur and rivalry between Chernihiv and Kyiv, Chernigiv own profound culture and traditions. It is a museum town, conservation area with many centuries of history, culture, memorial places and museums. Chernihiv was the second important town in the Ancient Kievan Rus'. Chernihivs golden age was the 12th early 13 century. A major centre of culture in Old Rus, Chernihiv rivaled Kiev in territory and might. The city main tended close commercial ties with many lands of Old Rus, the Byzantine Empire, and Western Europe. Chernihivs jewellers and gun-smiths were famous for their high-quality jewellery, weapons, dishes and bowls. Especially popular was their silverware. Today, the best examples of these articles are exhibited in many museums of Ukraine and Chernihiv. Preserved in the city are unique monuments of architecture of the 11th-13th centuries. Located on the territory of the medieval citadel, also called the Rampart, is the oldest monument of 11th century Old Rus architecture. Over 15 object for demonstrating in these preserve. The main places of interest are concentrated in the architectural and historic conservation preserving monuments of the Ancient Kievan Rus' times architecture contemporaneous with the poem "The Lay of Igor's Warfare" (Piatnitska church 12th century), Ukrainian baroque (Kateriniska church 18th century), "age-mates" of the St. Sofia cathedral in Kyiv Spaso-Preobrazhenskyi cathedral (11th century) and many others, such as Borysohlebskyi cathedral (12th century) Chernigivskyi Collegiums (18th century), Yeletskyi Convent, Caves of Antnonii (17th century).
Free time for the lunch after the tour at local cafe.
Inclusions for Chernihiv Day Trip From Kyiv
- Private tour with local guide
- Professional Historian guide
- 3-hours walking and by transport tour of Chernihiv
- Visiting the city Kozelets on the rout where isthe Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin
- Visiting the Museum of history of Chernihiv,Spaso-Preobrazhenskyi Cathedral, Borysohlebskyi cathedral,Yeletskyi Convent,Caves of Antnonii
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-way private transfer from Kyiv and back
- Transportation by private car orminivan, minibus
- Time for the lunch after the tour
Exclusions for Chernihiv Day Trip From Kyiv
- Entrance fees: Museum of history, the St. Antony Caves, Boris and Gleb Cathedral and Belltower (optional) - about US$ 2 per person. Payment to the Cashier Desk.
- Food and drinks
- Lunch (optional)
- Extra service
- Souvenirs and photos are available
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Explore the History of the Kievan Rus', period of the Russian Empire and nowadays Ukraine.
Visit Bykivnia to see the memorial (1930s NKVD mass shootings, is optional on request.)
Another language speaking guide is on request. (subject for the pricing)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.