OverviewThe way the tours are run now is a result of our 15-year history of developing the tours, negotiating and persuading the government institutions to bring them to the level where the comfort for the visitors and accessibility to the major sites dont conflict with the safety and security regulations.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourYour tour begins by meeting your tour staff at the departure point where they will check your passports and dress code.
Drive to Chernobyl with passing Dytyatky checkpoint (on the border of the 30-km Exclusion Zone). You will see an informative and stunning documentary during the 2-hour ride.
Entry to the 30km Exclusion Zone. Meeting your guide (if a guide doesn't come with you from Kiev).
Arrival to Chernobyl. Introductory briefing on the Exclusion Zone administrative division and regulations, RAW disposal, etc.
Sightseeing Chernobyl town.
Entry to the 10 km Zone by passing Leliv checkpoint.
On the way to the Power Plant you stop at almost fully buried Kopachi village and check its kindergarten which we can enter.
Sightseeing Reactor #4 from a 270m distance and construction site of a new sarcophagus.
Stop near the Red Forest and Pripyat road sign.
Sightseeing Pripyat town: Lenin Street, the main square, the palace of culture, Polissya hotel, supermarket; Ferris wheel, the stadium, school, swimming pool, hospital, etc.
Drive through the tiny part of western radioactive trace.
Passage through Leliv checkpoint. Radiation control before the lunch.
Lunch at the Chernobyl canteen - all ingredients are brought from the outside and ecologically clean. A vegetarian meal is available upon request.
Important -Duga 3 (so called "Russian Woodpecker", military over the horizon radar and it?s base called "Chernobyl 2")
Final check out at Dytyatki checkpoint. Compulsory radiation control.
Return to Kiev around 7pm
Inclusions for Chernobyl Tour From Kiev
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Chernobyl Tour From Kiev
- Compulsory medical insurance (US$10.00) has to be purchased by every visitor to the zone on the day of the tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years (the age limit can be discussed in each case)
Any booking made within 6 days prior to departure is unlikely to be confirmed.
Dress code is important - no sandals, no shorts, no sleeveless T-Shirts.
Bring your passport - visitors without a passport won't be allowed on the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.