Chiang Mai Elephant Riding & Bamboo Rafting TourWrite a Review
OverviewOn this one-day tour, journey into the heart of Chiang Maiâs verdant highland and learn the elephantâs way of living, eating, playing, working and even painting. Watch the elephants bathe with the mahouts in the river. Witness a fascinating elephantsâ talent show as they show off their skills, Later, ride on an elephantâs back for 45 mins into the surrounding hilly landscape.Hop on a ox-cart to ride back to the camp. A relaxing bamboo rafting experience along the rustic Mae Taeng River completes this memorable day. This tour has transfers on Private basis
Know More about this tourThe Elephant Safari and Bamboo Rafting is a full day tour beginning at 0830 hours in the morning. Your ride will pick you up from the hotel and take you the Northern part of Chiang Mai. It is a pleasant and beautiful drive towards the North of the city as you get to observe and assimilate more of the local culture. The hourlong ride will land you on the bank of the Mae Taeng River a tributary of the Ping River where the Mae Taman Elephant Camp is situated. Having arrived, you can rest for a while, tread along the river bank, and take in natures beauty before your day begins in full swing.
At 0945 hours the Elephant Bathing show will begin. A rare opportunity to watch elephants and their respective mahouts as they bathe in the waters of Mae Taeng. Its a unique experience to see the species in such a natural state of being. Theyre bathed and wiped clean, all set for the long day that awaits them.
After the delightful bathing show, the visitors can watch elephants as they begin their work in the timber industry. They push, drag and roll logs of wood at the command of the mahouts. We see some rare qualities in the animals their smart sense of direction, the gentleness in their actions, their agility and how adept they are at their job.
But their abilities are not limited to trained, mechanical work only.
The elephants do several other things like play soccer, watching them kick the ball to each other is adorable Some elephants are quite artistic too they can draw abstract paintings and the nature they see around themselves like trees, flowers etc.
This will be followed by a 3040 minute ride stop elephants as they swing you past beautiful sceneries. This ride encompasses various terrains like crossing the rive just like the olden times and climbing the lush, green hills. Elephant are surefooted animals but it is advisable to hold on tight for theres going to be some fun swaying and swinging for sure
After reaching your destination, you shall be brought back to the camp in an exquisite oxride. Forget all the cars and buses for the day is about lounging in natures lap
Once back at the camp, a delicious buffet meal will be served for all the guests. Food is, indeed, the perfect end to all the exhaustion the day adventure might have brought with it. You can sit inside the camp, savour the food, possibly even mingle with the other tourists, if there are any.
Once youre filled up and rejuvenated, get ready for some tranquil bamboo rafting in the Mae Taeng. During the summer the river is quite shallow, making it ideal for you to not just go rafting but also relax and enjoy the scenic eyetreats along the rivers path. The rafting ends Orchid Farm and Butterfly where visitors are welcomed by colors in the form of a variety of butterflies fluttering around and orchids that bloom beauty. These dazzling flowers and butterflies mark the end of a lovely day. You will be transported back to the hotel at approximately 1600 hours.
Inclusions for Chiang Mai Elephant Riding & Bamboo Rafting Tour
- Roundtrip transfers on Private basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
- Elephant show, elephant riding, Oxcart riding , Bamboo rafting
- Buffet Lunch
- English speaking licensed guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
Exclusions for Chiang Mai Elephant Riding & Bamboo Rafting Tour
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenditure
- Gasoline price have to be locally not more than 35 Thai baht
- 0830 Pick up from the hotel and spend about an hour drive along a pleasant and scenic road to the northern part of Chiang Mai.
- 0930 Arrive Mae Taman Elephant Camp situated on the bank of the Mae Tang River.
- 0945 Start a full day trip by watching the Elephants bathing enjoying themselves with the mahouts in the river whichs lovely and fun
- 1000 Then, a show of how these magnificent animals working in the timber industry by pushing, dragging and rolling logs in unison at the command of their mahouts. Also many activities are being performed to show their talent and intelligence for instances playing soccer, game, massage and even draw such a beautiful painting of abstract, trees, flowers or even picture of themselves.
- 1045 Its now a time for an exciting 3040 minutes Elephant ride crossing the river and climbing hills into the lush jungle. Youve got to swing with the sway as you rumble and thrash alongand hang on tight folks. Elephants are very surefooted animals.
- 1200 Then experience 15 minutes OxCart riding back to the camp.
- 1215 A Buffet lunch is provided at the restaurant inside the camp.
- 1300 After lunch, enjoy about an hour Bamboo rafting trip on the placid Mae Tang River. Usually glide along during a Summer time when the river is quite shallow. Relax enjoy the scenery on both sides of the Tang River.
- 1400 Finish a rafting trip and Further to the Orchid Farm on route back to the city.
- 1445 Stop at an Orchid Nursery and Butterfly Farm filled with more than 50 different varieties of gorgeous orchid blooms in a dazzling array of colures. There is a superb collection of exotic butterflies to dazzle and bewitch you.
- 1515 Transfer back to town.
- 1600 Return to the hotel.
Roundtrip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
Transfer vehicle will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for passengers. Transfer once missed will not be provided again.
Minimum 2 Pax Required For Booking
Please carry a copy of your booking voucher to be presented to the tour guidedriver on the day of the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.