Chiang Mai Half-Day Tour Of Doi Suthep And A Meo Hill Tribe Visit
OverviewEnjoy a scenic drive through the most historic areas of Chiang Mai, passing through a gate in the ancient city walls and crossing the moat. See 14th-century Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep and visit a Meo Pui hill tribe village, experiencing the unique culture.
- Led by a local guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourBegin your half-day tour of the Chiang Mai area with a drive through the citys most historic areas, passing through the gates of the ancient city walls and crossing the moat.
Youll travel with an English-speaking guide and have the option of joining a group tour or taking a private tour of the area.
As the drive continues youll pass the citys major attractions, the local market, and foreign consulates, before heading to the acclaimed temple, Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.
The temple houses a holy relic of the Lord Buddha, and is considered by many to be the most sacred temple or wat in northern Thailand. Built by King Gue-Na in 1383, it is situated 3,500 feet above sea level. Reaching the temple requires climbing 300 steps to reach its top level, but at the top youll be treated to a panoramic view of the city.
Your final stop on the tour is a visit to the Meo Pui hill tribe village, a community known for its unique culture and its peoples colorful costumes.
Inclusions for Chiang Mai Half-Day Tour Of Doi Suthep And A Meo Hill Tribe Visit
- Quality transportation
- English-speaking guide (other languages such as German, French, Russian, etc. are available on request and are subject to surcharge)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Chiang Mai Half-Day Tour Of Doi Suthep And A Meo Hill Tribe Visit
- Services other than those mentioned in the description
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For Private Tour: extra costs apply for pick-up and drop-off to and from Mandarin Oriental Dhara Devi and Four Seasons Resort.
Please dress respectfully when visiting Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. This means no sleeveless T-shirts, shorts, or strapless sandals.
Please provide us with the name and address of your Hotel
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Chiang Mai Airport
- Private Transfer: Chiang Mai Airport to Four Seasons Hotel Arrival Transfer
- Full-Day Leisure River Kayaking into Mae Taeng Forest Reserve from Chiang Mai
- Full-Day Kayaking River Trip Northern Thailand Jungle from Chiang Mai
- Full-Day Jungle Kayak Mae Wang Rock Hopper Trip from Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai International Airport Arrival Shared Transfer
- Chiang Mai International Airport Departure Shared Transfer
- Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class in Chiang Mai