Chiang Rai Temples Galleries Art By Car Including Soothing Massage And LunchWrite a Review
Explore Chiang Rai city notable landmarks and amazing temples by car on this full day tour. Learn more about history of Chiang Rai by visiting Ban Dachanee (Black House), White Temple, Blue Temple, Chinese Temple (aka Wat Huay Bla Gang) and Khru Kae Art Gallery. Enjoy famous tea and lie back for an hour of pampering in the form of a traditional massage. Lunch and hotel transfers is included.
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourThis is our cultural car tour. In the morning, we take you to some of the most spectacular temples in Chiang Rai, which will likely leave you in awe. After lunch we will visit Chiang Rai's dark and curious Ban Dam (Black House), taking in the breathtaking vision and art of Thawan Dachanee. After visiting the art gallery filled with pieces by local artists, we will take a moment to relax and drink some fresh local coffee. Chiang Rai is famous for its coffee plantations as well as its tea. Finally, to round the day off, you can lie back and enjoy an hour of pampering, in the form of a traditional Thai massage.
Transport is by a roofed pickup truck, with bench seats, which will comfortably carry 8 people. There is room for two more in the cab upfront. Pickup, drop off, all entrance fees, lunch, coffee, and the massage are included in the fee.
The White Temple, Blue Temple, and Black House, are all nicknames which have become synonymous with these attractions, because of their overriding color. The Chinese Temple, also nicknamed the Light Temple because it switches on a light display after dark, also has possibly the largest Buddha statue in SE Asia. The various locations are all in, or within 15 km of, Chiang Rai city.
For lunch, we can arrange for vegetarian and vegan options, but please let us know when booking the programme.
Like all our programmes, we use local guides from the hill tribe communities in our area. They are fully licensed, and can speak basic English. Our foundation trains and employs the guides, as part of our programme to improve daily life, and provide a better future. By booking our programme, you are helping to sustain this project.
Inclusions for Chiang Rai Temples Galleries Art By Car Including Soothing Massage And Lunch
- Private tour with local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Thai massage
Exclusions for Chiang Rai Temples Galleries Art By Car Including Soothing Massage And Lunch
- The listed price does not include a possible fuel surcharge, for pickups/drop-offs outside Chiang Rai city. This is payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier, to cover possible extra transport costs, and is not within our control.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Your programme includes visiting local temples, and it is important not to offend the Buddhist religion or culture. Please ensure that shoulders are covered, and the length of trousers/shorts come down to, at least, your knees. Skirts are not advised, but if worn, should be calf length or longer. Flip flops are not appropriate for temples.
Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to the rural nature of the locations and activities, parts of the tour are not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.