OverviewCombine Chianti wine with blissful Tuscan countryside on a half-day wine tour from Florence! With a tour escort, travel out of Florence and spend the afternoon at an enchanting castle winery in the Chianti Fiorentino region and in an ancient winery in the Chianti Senese, with local wine-expert guides. In both wineries tour the wine cellars, hear the secrets of Tuscan winemaking, and then sample prestigious Tuscan wine alongside some traditional Italian snacks.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourLeave central Florence by air-conditioned coach, and travel into the lush Tuscan countryside that surrounds the city. An area of unrivaled beauty, Tuscany also holds a reputation as one of Italys most esteemed winemaking regions and acres of picturesque vineyards blanket its sun-drenched hills.
Revel in the scenery as you travel, passing traditional travertine villages clinging to hilltops, overlooking swathes of vine-clad fields and olive groves. Your route continues into the Chianti Fiorentino where some of Italys most prized red wine is produced. Stop for the visit to a renowned wine estate at a castle for your tour and tasting session.
After a friendly Tuscan welcome at the venue, start your visit with a tour of the castles historical wine cellars. See where the grapes are crushed, and where the wine is matured and later bottled while hearing some secrets of Tuscan winemaking.
Then, take a seat at a wine glassladen table, and sip on different glasses of wine made by the estate. The varietals are subject to change, but typically a glass of Chianti Classico, Chianti Reserve, the eponymous Tuscan vinsanto (dessert wine) or a prestigious white wine are served. Savor the complex and fruity flavors that are prevalent in Tuscan wine, and hear tasting tips to help you understand the characteristics of different grapes that are used.
The Tour continues then to the picturesque medieval village of Greve, birthplace of the famous navigator Giovanni da Verrazzano, where every year takes place the most important wine fair of the Chianti region. Here you will have free time to admire the famous main square of the ancient "market" with its characteristic arcades and to browse through the local artisan shops.
Moving along the ancient "Via Chiantigiana", we cross the heart of the Chianti Classico, admiring the breathtaking views of the rolling hills that made so famous this part of Tuscany.
We reach then a family-run Winery located in the Sienese area of the Chianti Classico, which stands out for the excellent quality of its wines. Here we will be warmly welcomed by its passionate winemaker and after the guided tour of the cellars and the lovely aromatic garden, a delicious tasting of four different wines and local products will be waiting for us.
The last stop of the tour is Castellina*, a fortified hilltop village of Etruscan origin, among the most lively and picturesque of Chianti, characterized by an imposing fortress: here, walking through the picturesque medieval covered street "Via delle Volte", the tour leader will guide us to discover the charming historical center and its picturesque houses, squares and shops.
Please note the order of the visit may change
*From November to March, the itinerary does not include the stop at Castellina, so the return to Florence is about 30 minutes earlier
Inclusions for Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 70 people)
- Tour escort
- Wine-expert guide
- Cellar tours
- Wine tastings
Exclusions for Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that the order of the visits may change
From November to March, the itinerary does not include the stop at Castellina and the return to Florence is approx 30 minutes earlier
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Florence Super Saver: Best Of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery And Florence Duomo
- Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip From Florence
- Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Florence Sightseeing Tour With Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills And Italian Cuisine
- Skip The Line: Florence Accademia Gallery Tickets
- Skip The Line: Florence Uffizi Gallery Tickets