Chianti Semi-Private Cooking Class At A Tuscan Villa - Florence
OverviewCreate the flavors of Tuscany during a full-day cooking experience from Florence! After shopping for quality ingredients at a Florence farmers market, travel to a historical villa in the Chianti region of Tuscany for a cooking class. Then, learn how to cook Chianti-style with expert tuition from Chef Giovanni, a charismatic and locally renowned chef from Florence. After preparing a lavish 4-course meal, sit down to eat and enjoy a wine tasting, too! Three glasses of prestigious Chianti wine are included. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourMeet your host in central Florence, and start your Tuscan cooking experience with a gentle stroll to a bustling farmers market in the city center. Local butchers, bakers and farmers sell their wares at the market, and its a popular place with visitors and Florentines alike. Sample some of the different foods on offer, and help your host purchase ingredients for your cooking class.
Then, hop inside your minibus and travel out into the Tuscan countryside that surrounds the city. In no time at all, the vineyard-draped hills of the Chianti region form the landscape around you, offering a quintessential snapshot of beautiful Tuscany.
After admiring the scenery, stop at a beautiful villa and head inside to meet Chef Giovanni, a well-known and highly rated Florentine chef who runs one of Florences top food and wine academies. Put on your apron, and help Giovanni create an exquisite Tuscan meal. The menu changes according to seasonality, but take a look at the sample menu in the Itinerary for examples of typical dishes.
Enjoy aspecial wine lab experience. This fun and educational experience will let you understand how different varieties of pure wines (from Sangiovese, Canaiolo grapes etc.) are blended to obtain the final complex wines, each one with a peculiar bouquet of scents and flavours.
Discover how to make pasta from scratch, learn about the local produce and hear cooking tips aplenty as you chop, prepare and cook your meal. When finished, sit down to eat while tasting some of the local wine. Sip on three different varietals usually the prestigious Chianti Classico, a Chianti reserve and a Tuscan dessert wine and note how the flavors complement and balance the food.
When your meal is finished, receive your souvenir graduation certificate, bid a fond farewell to Chef Giovanni, and then travel back to the start point in central Florence to end your experience.
Inclusions for Chianti Semi-Private Cooking Class At A Tuscan Villa
- Market visit with samples
- Cooking class
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Wine tasting
- Wine lab experience
- Graduation certificate
- Booklet with recipes
Exclusions for Chianti Semi-Private Cooking Class At A Tuscan Villa
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Itinerary:Please note: When Florence Central Market is closed (on Sundays and bank holidays), the market visit will be replaced by a special visit to an organic Chianti farm
First course (choice of one):
- Classic bruschetta with tomatoes, basil and olive oil
- Tuscan bruschetta with olive oil, salt and garlic
- Tagliatelle with a rich meat sauce
- Ravioli gnudi (ricotta dumplings, similar to gnocchi)
- Tuscan salad with bread, fresh herbs and tomatoes
- Locally sourced meat with vegetables
- Strawberry tiramisu
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarians can be catered for; please make a note in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
The tour will never be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the bike tour, however, in case of heavy rain, we might decide to stop the bike tour and proceed with a walking tour instead (or just start with a walking tour if the weather does not allow to use the bikes at the time of the meeting point). Should the weather get better during the tour, we will try to get back on board, when possible.
Guest options on rainy days:
Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the possible rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly.
No-shows will not be refunded."
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour of Florence
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting