Chiapas Indigenous Villages And Mountain Bike Tour - Tuxtla Gutiérrez
OverviewLearn about the indigenous cultures of the Chiapas Highlands while experiencing a thrilling bike ride through the mountains. Departing from Tuxtla Gutirrez or San Cristbal de las Casas, ride through beautiful mountains and nature across single-track terrain. Experience the traditions and lifestyle of the people who belong to the Tzotzil tribe. This active cultural tour will show you one of the most fascinating regions in Mexico. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
Know More about this tourYour cultural bike journey begins with hotel pickup in Tuxtla Gutirrez or San Cristbal de las Casas. Departing from San Cristbal on your mountain bike, prepare to cover approximately 20 miles (32 km) in all of moderate, single-track terrain. Explore Chiapas indigenous villages and enjoy spectacular views of the verdant mountains and valleys along the way.
Fuel up with a snack when you arrive at San Juan Chamula in the Chiapas Highlands (own expense). Chamula is a town inhabited by indigenous Mayans known as Tzotzil, most of whom speak their native dialect. Hear about the many things that make this community distinct, such as their autonomous, self-policing status, and learn about the traditional clothes, religion and language of the people here. See the Church of San Juan Bautista, where Catholicism and the local Mayan religion blend together, and visit a traditional Mayan market known for its vibrant colors.
Continue biking while enjoying views of the surrounding mountains. Upon reaching Zinacantn, take a break with a traditional lunch of quesadillas, beans and organic coffee with a local family at their home. Watch them prepare the food and learn about their day-to-day life and customs.
After lunch, head out to explore the villages Church of San Lorenzo and learn about the local culture. Then embark on the ride back to San Cristbal de las Casas, where the trip ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Chiapas Indigenous Villages And Mountain Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Use of equipment
Exclusions for Chiapas Indigenous Villages And Mountain Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Viewpoints and Cruise to Sumidero Canyon from Tuxtla Gutirrez
- Tonin Mayan Ruins and Ocosingo City Tour
- Chiapas Canopy Zipline Tour
- Route of the Mills Mountain Bike Tour
- Chiapas Rappel Adventure at Sima de las Cotorras
- Multi-Adventure at Mammoth Caves Park from Tuxtla Gutierrez: Rappelling, Ziplining and Hiking
- Palenque Archaelogical Site, Agua Azul and Misolha Waterfalls from Tuxtla Gutierrez