Chichen Itza By Night And Day: Archaeologist-Led Tour, Dinner And Light And Sound Show From MeridaWrite a Review
From USD 128.99
OverviewThe wonders of Chichen Itza come alive by day and night on this all-inclusive tour from Merida. Immerse yourself in Mayan history as you walk the UNESCO World Heritage site with an archaeologist. At night, watch the Light and Sound Show, a brilliant execution combining ancient architecture with 3D mapping projection technology, where Kukulcn Pyramid turns into a living canvas with dancing images. Before the show, tuck into a scrumptious buffet dinner. This complete package comes with round-trip hotel transport.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe UNESCO World Heritage-listed Chichen Itza, now considered one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, presents a newly revitalized Light and Sound Show. This spectacular night spectacle manipulates the structures’ familiar geometry and allows you to experience the architectural wonders and Mayan legends in a way that most visitors have not.
After hotel pickup in Merida, arrive at Chichen Itza about 1.5 hours later. Feel free to bring along snacks and drinks of your own, although you will have time to purchase them on-site.
Feast on a delicious buffet lunch and then enter the site to take a 1.5-hour tour of Chichen Itza with a certified archaeologist, who shares a wealth of information and nuanced perspectives on the archaeological zone. As your expert points out the Kukulcán Pyramid, observatory and other major landmarks, learn how this pre-Columbian city played a significant role in Mayan civilization from around 600 to 1200 AD.
After your tour, follow your guide to your seat for the Light and Sound Show. Watch with wonder as diaphanous 3D images undulate like water across the face of Kukulcán Pyramid and nearby structures. With thrilling music and striking lighting effects, the show provides a riveting glimpse into how Mayans once lived in this city. Witness warriors play for their lives in the ball court, and follow a serpent with your eyes as it slithers down the steps of the pyramid, mimicking the real-life version created by shadow and light that occurs only on equinox days.
After the 20-minute show ends, board your minivan and arrive at your Merida hotel before midnight, with a renewed insight into Chichen Itza.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza By Night And Day: Archaeologist-Led Tour, Dinner And Light And Sound Show From Merida
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Professional guide
- 3-hour tour of Chichen Itza
- Lunch buffet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Chichen Itza By Night And Day: Archaeologist-Led Tour, Dinner And Light And Sound Show From Merida
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You may bring your own snacks
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.