Chichen Itza, Cenote Hubiku And Ek Balam Day Trip - Cancun
OverviewEnjoy a spectacular and complete day trip in which you'll visit Chichen Itza and enjoy the site for more than 3 hours. Then, you'll go to swim in a breathtaking cenote and enjoy Ek Balam which was the last marvelous Maya city discovered in the Yucatan. Your tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, lunch and a professional guide.
- Small-group tour
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Buffet lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourOn this day trip, you'll be picked up from your Riviera Maya hotel and enjoy a light breakfast aboard an air-conditioned vehicle on your way to Chichen Itza. In Maya language, Chichen Itza means "the mouth of the well of Itza" and it's one of the main archaeological sites in the Yucatan Peninsula. You'll spend more than three hours there and enjoy a guided tour to see the Kukulkan pyramid which is the main building and represents the civil Maya calendar. Other important buildings you'll see include ElCaracol, also known as 'The Obsevatory', the Plaza of a Thousand Columns, the Ball Court, the Temple of the Descending God, the Temple of the Jaguar and the Temple of the Warriors. You'll learn all about this place for approximately two hours and then you'll have one hour to explore the site on your own and even buy some souvenirs.
Your tour then continues to Hubiku Cenote, located just a few kilometers away from Ek Balam. Here, you'll have a wonderful time taking a refreshing swim and enjoying the breathtaking scenery. The cenote has a depth of 60 meters and has a height of 25 meters. Cenotes were sacred places for the Maya culture and were believed to be the path to the underworld. You'll have approximately 45 minutes to swim here and then you'll have 45 minutes to enjoy lunch at the restaurant in the cenote. After lunch, you can visit the tequila museum for some time which is located the same surrounding as the cenote.
The final stop of your tour is Ek Balam which in Maya language means "Black Jaguar." This archaeological site had its glory days with ruler Ukit Kan Lek Tok, whose tomb is located in the main building known as The Acropolis. You'll get to marvel at the inscriptions of this building which are very well preserved and tell of the royalty at the time. Other important buildings you'll see include The Twin Pyramids and the Ball. Admire the striking structures and fine and delicate craftsmanship. After this visit, you will be dropped-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza, Cenote Hubiku And Ek Balam Day Trip
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Chichen Itza, Cenote Hubiku And Ek Balam Day Trip
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.