Chichen Itza Day Trip From Cancun
OverviewSpectacular Chichen Itza holds both mystery and magic. Explore the most important archaeological zone and ancient capital of the Mayan Empire on a full day guided tour from Cancun. Admire the majestic observatory, the sacred cenote, the ball court and the castle. Sample typical Mayan cuisine at a buffet lunch with folkloric dancers before beginning your tour of the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Chichen Itza.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
During your stay in Cancun, you simply must take the opportunity to visit Chichen Itza, the most important archaeological zone in Yucatan. After hotel pickup in Cancun, explore the ancient capital of the Mayan Empire and learn why it has been designated one of the modern wonders of the world. Its extraordinary architectural beauty and geographical location are sure to leave you in awe.
Your first stop is a 50-minute visit to either the Ik Kil cenote or Hubiku cenote. The cenote visited will depend on which area is less populated on the day of your tour. You'll have free time to explore this natural wonder, so be sure to bring along your towel and swimsuit! By 10:50, you'll head to the world famous archaeological site of Chichen Itza.
At approximately 12pm and once inside the archaeological site, you'll be divided into English and Spanish speaking groups for a guided tour. You'll be taken on a 1.5 hour tour with a certified guide who will introduce you to the secrets of the Mayans. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important sites before leaving you to enjoy the ruins on your own until 3pm. See the Pyramid of Kukulkan, el Castillo (the Castle), the Temple of Warriors and much more. After exploring the site, you'll head to the local restaurant and enjoy a buffet of fresh salads, soups, rice, meat, chicken, fish, vegetables and other regional dishes (drinks at own expense).
After lunch, you'll be transported back to your Cancun hotel.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza Day Trip From Cancun
- Guided visit
- Certified bilingual guide
- Brief visit to Colonial Valladolid
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza archaeological site
- Bottled Water upon arrival at Chichen Itza
- Buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit to a sacred cenote (Ik Kil )
Exclusions for Chichen Itza Day Trip From Cancun
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children ages 3 years and under are free, but their seats are subject to availability. They may have to ride on their parents' laps if seats are not available
Not wheelchair accessible
What to Bring:
Comfortable lightweight clothing
Good walking shoes or sneakers
Biodegradable sun block
Swimming suit and towel
Extra change of clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ek Balam Tour Including Cenote Maya Visit from Cancun
- Private Tour: Bird Watching from Cancun
- Viator Exclusive: Chichen Itza at Your Own Pace Plus Access to Hospitality Suite
- Seabreacher Experience in Cancun
- Private Luxury Departure Transfer: Hotel to Cancun Airport
- Cancun Cenote Tour: Snorkeling, Rappelling and Ziplining