Chichen Itza Day Trip From Cozumel
OverviewVisit Chichen Itza — one of the most important Mayan sites in Mexico — on this full-day trip from Cozumel. With a knowledgeable guide, travel by deluxe van from the Caribbean coast inland to Chichen Itza, where you’ll take a 2-hour guided tour of its World Heritage-listed temples and other structures, including its most famous pyramid, El Castillo. Then enjoy free time at the adjacent Mayaland Hotel, where the swimming pools and lush gardens are at your disposal. A 5-course gourmet lunch with beer and wine is included.
- A la carte lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourYour day trip to Chichen Itza begins at the Cozumel ferry dock; board the ferry to Playa del Carmen, where you’ll meet your tour guide and hop inside the plush Mercedes-Benz van for the 155-mile (250-km) drive inland to Chichen Itza.
After the 2.5-hour drive, enter the archaeological site through the private entrance from Mayaland Hotel, a resort built in 1923 on the grounds of Chichen Itza, allowing you to skip the regular line and begin your 2-hour tour straight away. With your guide, explore Chichen Itza’s UNESCO World Heritage-listed pyramids and other structures, including El Castillo (aka the Temple of Kukulkan), a 79-foot (24-meter) pyramid that sits majestically in the center of the ancient city and was named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Your tour also takes in the Temple of the Warriors, the Ball Court, the Observatory and the Nunnery, as well as several smaller temples that dot the site. As you walk, listen to your guide’s commentary about the historical significance of Chichen Itza, which dates back to the 6th century, historians believe, and hear stories about the Maya civilization, who inhabited the Yucatan Peninsula from 2,000 BC until the arrival of the Spanish conquerors in the 16th century.
When your tour ends, follow your guide back to Mayaland, where you are free to enjoy its facilities at your leisure until it’s time to head back to Cozumel. Relax by the pool and go for a swim, stroll through 100 acres (40 hectares) of tropical gardens, and enjoy a relaxing 5-course lunch at any of Mayaland’s three restaurants, which serve authentic Yucatan cuisine and international dishes. Your meal comes with soft drinks, bottled water, wine and beer, and is accompanied by traditional music and dancing performed by the Mayaland regional ballet.
If you wish, you may re-enter Chichen Itza to admire the temples again on your own (you don't have to pay to enter again), or just continue to relax on the hotel grounds. In the late afternoon, begin the drive back to Playa del Carmen, enjoying beverages (including beer!) on board the van. Then return by ferry to Cozumel, where your fun and fascinating day trip comes to an end.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza Day Trip From Cozumel
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transportation between Playa del Carmen and Chichen Itza by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz van
- Ferry tickets for the rides between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- 5-course lunch at Mayaland Hotel
- Beverages (wine, beer, soft drinks and bottled water with lunch; bottled water, beer and soft drinks on the return van ride)
- Use of facilities at Mayaland including pool, lounge chairs and garden
- Mayaland Resort Fee
Exclusions for Chichen Itza Day Trip From Cozumel
- Food and drinks not specified (you may purchase more food and beverages at Mayaland after lunch, if you wish)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operated by a multilingual guide
Please note: It is recommended that you bring bottled water, a swimsuit, biodegradable sunscreen and a hat, and wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.