Discover the mysteries of ancient Mayan civilization on a spectacular full-day tour to Chichen Itza Archaeological Site, in a journey that will take from your hotel in Cancun or Riviera Maya to the colonial city of Merida. Enter the archeological site through a private entrance with an expert guide and explore significant structures like the iconic Kukulcan Pyramid. You can also access Viator's exclusive hospitality suite to relax before the tour. Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch and refresh your self in a swimming pool before getting drop off service to Merida city.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Buffet lunch included
Know More about this tourYour excursion begins with a pick up service aboard a 16 seater Mercedes Benz Van (small groups for luxurious comfort) from the lobbies of all major Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels. Arriving at the Mayaland Hotel, you will head directly to the archaeological site through a private entrance. A certified tour guide will take you on a 2 hour tour, exploring the secrets of the ancient Mayan Civilization. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important constructions such as the Observatory, the Nunnery, La Iglesia and Akab Dzib.
After this, you will continue to the main plaza, where the famous Temple of Kukulcan is located (El Castillo or the Pyramid), the remarkable Ball Game Court, the Temple of the Jaguars, the Platform of Eagles and Jaguars, The Platform of Venus, the Tzompantli, the Temple of the Warriors and its adjacent Temple of the 1,000 columns. You will have time to discover the site on your own, so move at your own pace, admire the monuments, and take pictures.
After your first visit to the ruins, regroup to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During lunch you will be entertained by traditional Yucatan music and dance performances by the Mayaland regional ballet. After lunch you may choose to return to the ruins, take a dip in the pool, access Viator's hospitality suite, relax on a lounge chair or stroll through the hotels tropical gardens. Optional activities like bike riding or horseback riding are available at the hotel at a nominal fee.
You will depart from Chichen Itza to go to the colonial city of Merida where you will have drop off service at the major hotels.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza Deluxe Tour From Cancun With Drop Off In Merida
- Transportation from Cancun/Riviera Maya hotels and drop off at major hotels at Merida
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Bilingual certified INAH Guide for 2 hour tour
- Free access to Mayaland Hotel & Bungalows facilities: private entrance to the archaeological site, swimming pool, restrooms, lounge chairs and gardens
- Buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel
- Exclusive access to Viator's Hospitality suite
- Mayaland Resort Fee
- Entrance to Cenote Ikkil
Exclusions for Chichen Itza Deluxe Tour From Cancun With Drop Off In Merida
- Gratuities and optional activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour itinerary subject to change without notice!
You may visit, for free, our sacred Xtoloc Cenote, located on the resorts' grounds. No swimming permitted. It is an important element of the history of this holy Mayan city.
Bring light clothing, comfortable walking or hiking shoes, sunglasses, hat, biodegradable sun block, swim suit, cash for personal expenses and water.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.