Chichen Itza Fall Equinox Day Trip Plus Ek Balam From Cancun And Riviera MayaWrite a Review
Enjoy the Equinox day at Chichen Itza thisÂ September. Visit Chichen Itza, Ek Balam and Hubiku Cenote and learn all about these amazing archaeological sites. Admire this unique event at Chichen Itza and have an unforgettable time. Your tour includes a professional guide and transport.
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Cancun or Riviera Maya, start driving to Chichen ItzÃ¡ to experience the fall equinox. This sacred city of the ItzÃ¡es will marvel whenÂ the kâin Ahau (sun in the Mayan language) sets on March 21st and September 21st, during the spring and fall equinoxes.
You'll see theÂ main building known as theÂ Kukulkan Castle or The Pyramid and how the shadow from the sun reflects on it creating the illusion of a snake going down the staircase. This landmark is an icon of the astronomical, architectural, mathematical and engineering knowledge of the Mayas and you'll get to see it at a very special time in the year.Â
Besides this place, you'll also see theÂ ball game with its engravings and glyphs and the Astronomical Observatory, also known as The Snail. After an unforgettable time here, you'll head toÂ Cenote Hubiku where you can cool off in its water and have a relaxing time. This is a subterranean sinkhole and, thanks to its opening at the top, with the entrance of the sunlight, the water achieves a beautiful blue color.
You will finish the tour at EkâBalam, where you will be able to climb the Acropolis and see the monumental entrance to the underworld, represented in the Ukâit Kan Lec Tokâ grave. The grave shows the jaws of a jaguar, and they found an offering consisting of more than 7,000 pieces of jewelry in it, made by the best goldsmiths of the time. SeeÂ sculptures that remind Â us of winged beings, and the comparison with beings from other cultures. Your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza Fall Equinox Day Trip Plus Ek Balam From Cancun And Riviera Maya
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Chichen Itza Fall Equinox Day Trip Plus Ek Balam From Cancun And Riviera Maya
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
It is recommended that you bring Sports shoes, Sandals or flip flops, Swimsuit, towel, sunglasses, hat, Biodegradable sunscreen and mosquito repellent, a Camera and Mexican Pesos in cash for expenses and tips
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.