Chichen Itza Tour From Playa Del Carmen Including Private Entrance - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewWhile you're in Playa del Carmen, don’t miss the chance to explore the Mayan capital of Chichen Itza through a private entrance — no waiting in line! On this day trip to the UNESCO World Heritage site, explore important archeological landmarks, including the Kukulcan Pyramid, and learn about their historical and cultural significance from an expert guide. Then enjoy the conveniences of the modern world at Mayaland Resort where you can enjoy a buffet lunch, a swim in the resort pool, a walk through the beautiful gardens and Viator's exclusive hospitality suite.
- Buffet lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour day trip to Chichen Itza begins in style: enjoy pickup from your Playa del Carmen hotel in a luxurious Mercedes-Benz van, and catch a few more minutes of sleep on a reclining leather seat. Travel directly to Chichen Itza and meet your guide at Mayaland Resort, conveniently located inside the archeological park.
Bypass the crowds of visitors waiting in line to enter the park, and follow your guide through Mayaland’s private entrance. During your two-hour tour of Chichen Itza, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, learn about the site’s central section from the classic period, the northern area from the Toltec age and the daily life of this pre-Columbian society.
Listen to your guide explain the archaeological, historical and cultural significances of the site’s most revered temples and the Mayans’ strong interest in astronomy, most notably evident in the Kukulcan Pyramid. This four-sided structure contains 365 steps, the number of days in the solar year. If you happen to visit during equinox on a clear day, you’ll see what appears to be a snake slithering down the pyramid stairs, a shadow created by the setting sun. Look up at the pyramid’s apex and see if you can spot the carving of a serpent. Inside the pyramid, which was built on top of an older edifice, make your way down steep stairs to a hidden chamber and face the growling Throne of the Jaguar.
Walk through the gathering place of the Temple of the Warriors, as well as the ball court, observatory, sacred Xtoloc Cenote (swimming not allowed), and nunnery. After visiting the major archeological ruins, your guide leaves you to explore and imagine on your own how the Mayans lived in Chichen Itza. When you need a break, jump back to the present day and enjoy the modern world by returning to Mayaland Resort, a Condé Nast Traveler magazine winner and long-time National Geographic favorite. Enjoy a lunch buffet that includes a vast array of international, Mexican and Yucatecan cuisine.
Take a dip in the resort pool, meander through the 100-acre (40.5-hectare) tropical botanical gardens and observe colorful birds and iguanas. At any time, feel free to revisit the archeological park on your own, or head to Viator's hospitality suite for a relaxing time at the resort. Your day trip ends with return to your Playa del Carmen hotel.
Be Maya Planetarium upgrade option:
Before returning to your Playa del Carmen hotel in the late evening, stop by Be Maya Planetarium, where you'll hear tales of ancient Mayan civilization. As you watch the swirling starry sky of the planetarium, learn about Mayan mythology and this society’s amazing accomplishments in astronomy, science and art.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza Tour From Playa Del Carmen Including Private Entrance
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz van
- Professional guide
- Buffet lunch
- Use of Mayaland facilities (pool, lounge chairs, etc)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Exclusive access to Viator's Hospitality suite
- Entrance fee to Be Maya Planetarium (if option selected)
- Mayaland Resort Fee
Exclusions for Chichen Itza Tour From Playa Del Carmen Including Private Entrance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beverages during lunch
- Entrance fee to Be Maya Planetarium (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ro Secreto Nature Reserve from Playa del Carmen
- 2 Tank Dive in Cozumel
- Coba Ruins Day Trip from Playa del Carmen
- Ek Balam Ruins and Cenote Maya Park Day Trip from Playa del Carmen
- Private Tour: Early Access to Tulum with an Archaeologist and Xel-H or Xcaret from Playa del Carmen
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to Chichen Itza from Playa del Carmen with Archeologist