Chichen Itza Tour, Merida City Sightseeing And Kabah Archaeological Site
OverviewExplore the world famous archaeological site of Chichen Itza and enjoy a lovely afternoon sightseeing at the colonial city of Merida in two days. Plus, you will have the opportunity to choose between a visit to Uxmal and Kabah ruins during the day or watching the beautiful Uxmal Light and Sound Show at night.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourOn this tour, you will visit Chichen Itza and enjoy a wonderful sightseeing tour of the colonial city of Merida. You'll then visit Uxmal Archaeological Site and choose between: Uxmal and Kabah Plus Choco Story Museum or Uxmal Light and Sound Show. Tours can be taken in any order and you can skip a day or two in between, or take them on two consecutive days. See below for details of each tour.
Merida Afternoon City Tour:
Experience Merida - the white city - when the sun goes down and the lights shine bright. Discover its historic center, its neighborhoods, and more. You'll find Paseo de Montejo Avenue, famous for its beautiful French-style residences - it was built at the turn of the century when the henequen industry was at its peak. The tour starts at 7pm and lasts approximately 2 hours.
Chichen Itza Tour:
Your tour begins with hotel pickup. You'll board a 16-seat van (small groups for luxurious comfort) at 9am from the lobbies of all major Merida hotels. After arriving at the Mayaland Hotel, you will head directly to the archaeological site through a private entrance. A certified tour guide will take you on a 2-hour tour, exploring the secrets of the ancient Mayan Civilization. After your visit to the site, you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During lunch you will be entertained by a traditional Yucatan music and dance performances by the Mayaland regional ballet.
Uxmal and Kabah Plus Choco Story Museum:
On this tour, your first stop will be Uxmal, known to many by way of legend, myth or anecdote. It is situated within a series of hills known as the Puuc or “mountainous area” in the Maya. Have lunch at either the beautiful Hacienda Uxmal or in the gardens of the Lodge of Uxmal surrounded by unique Maya Palapas.Then, visit the Choco Story Museum and learn about the history of cocoa, its importance to the Mayas, the way it is cultivated, and the traditional process used to make chocolate. Next, visit Kabah, a Puuc-style city that flourished around the year 800 AD. Kabah is known as the second largest religious center in the Puuc-style.
Uxmal Light and Sound Show:
This tour departs from Merida at 1pm. You will be picked up from your hotel (or it’s vicinity) shortly before that time. Uxmal is a United Nations World Heritage site. The pre-Hispanic city was built amidst rolling hills; its temples steeped in mystery and was considered by Architect Frank Lloyd Wright to be the supreme expression of art in architecture in Mesoamerica. After the tour, dinner will be served at the Lodge of Uxmal.
Inclusions for Chichen Itza Tour, Merida City Sightseeing And Kabah Archaeological Site
- Round-trip Transportation from Major Hotels in Merida
- English Speaking guide
- 2-hour of Merida
- Tour to Chichen Itza
- Choice between: Uxmal and Kabah plus Eco Museo del Cacao OR Uxmal Light and Sound
- Mayaland Resort Fee
Exclusions for Chichen Itza Tour, Merida City Sightseeing And Kabah Archaeological Site
- Admission to the archaeological sites
- Meals not mentioned
- Gratuities and optional activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. Bring your camera and extra cash for personal expenses
Note: Tours can be taken in any order and you can skip a day or two in between, or take them on two consecutive days.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.