Chiclayo Private Archeological Tour: Huaca Rajada, Tucume And Sipan Royal Tombs
OverviewDiscover the archeological ruins and artifacts of two of northern Perus ancient cultures the Moche and the Sican on this private day trip from Chiclayo. With an experienced guide, start at Huaca Rajada, famous for being the discovery site of the Lord of Sipn mummy in the 1980s. Then visit the former Sican capital city of Tcume, founded in the 8th century, and finish up at the Lord of Sipn Royal Tombs Museum to see the jewelry, ceramics and other artifacts found in the Moche tombs. Lunch is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Chiclayo, your tour starts with the 45-minute drive east to Huaca Rajada, the archeological site where the remains of the Moche mummy known as the Lord of Sipn were found in 1987.
When you arrive, walk around with your private guide to see the adobe pyramid built by the Moche people, the civilization that inhabited this region from the 1st to 8th centuries. While you explore, learn about the important excavation that unearthed the Lord of Sipn, who was entombed with jewels and other treasures.
Then travel about an hour north, on the other side of Chiclayo, to Tcume, also known as the Valley of the Pyramids (Valle de las Pirmides). Made up of 26 pyramids, this archeological site was once the regional center for the Sican culture, who succeeded the Moche people and lived in this region until approximately 1375.
Next, head to an area restaurant with your guide to enjoy a lunch of traditional regional cuisine, and then travel back toward Chiclayo to your final stop, the Lord of Sipn Royal Tombs Museum (Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipn).
Housed in this museum, which opened in 2002, are some of the rarest artifacts from the Moche civilization, including the treasures found buried with the Lord of Sipn. Before entering, take a few minutes to admire the museums striking exterior a replica of a Moche tomb. Then head inside to see gold and silver artifacts, precious stones, jewelry, headdresses and more, and learn about the Moche culture and what position the Lord of Sipn held in the ancient community.
After the museum, youll be dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Chiclayo Private Archeological Tour: Huaca Rajada, Tucume And Sipan Royal Tombs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Chiclayo Private Archeological Tour: Huaca Rajada, Tucume And Sipan Royal Tombs
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.