Choquequirao 5-Days Trek To The Lost City Of The Incas - Cusco
OverviewThe ancient City of Choquequirao Cradle of Gold was build by the Incas in an impossible mountain top, overlooking the beautiful landscapes of the peruvian Andes. This trek navigates the regions lush cloud forests and snowcapped mountains. During the 5-day trek you may see less than a dozen trekkers everyday making this place a unique, quiet retreat and very soon will became Perus hottest destination. Highlights Free airport transfer when arrive and leave Live history shows, yoga & meditation sessions Spiritual ceremonies, hot showers, buffet service Professional highly trained tour guides Visit the twin sister of Machupicchu Visit the local sugar cane plantations Hike the original Inca Trail that connected the most important cities.
Know More about this tour
DAY 1: CUSCO CACHORA -CAPULIYOC LA PLAYA
Departure will be from Cusco between 4:30am to drive across the Andes towards Capuliyoc (1893m/6210ft) where you will have breakfast. Its then a 4-hour trek downhill to lunch place at Chiquiska Along the way we will get the first views of the Apurimac canyon, one of the deepest. After lunch we continue our journey for 2 more hours down to Playa Rosalina (1478mts 4849ft.). where we will camp for the night.
DAY 2: LA PLAYA MARAMPATA CHOQUEQUIRAO
After breakfast we will get ready for one of the most challenging days with a 4-hour trek uphill to Marampata (9550 ft. 2911 m). Passing through sugar cane farms, where the locals produce Cañazo, a local alcoholic drink produced thorough centuries in the Peruvian Andes. After lunch we start ascending another 2-hours to CHOQUEQUIRAO (3030mts 9940ft.) - an spectacular place perched in the Peruvian Andes, this an important Incan city build in the "last years of the Incas" Choquequirao was probably one of the entrance check points to Vilcabamba The last capital of the Incas. Discovered in the 19th century and visited by Hiram Bingham in 1909. Our campsite today is right next to the archaeological place, allowing you to walk to this mysterious places back and forth anytime we want.
DAY 3 EXPLORE CHOQUEQUIRAO RUINS
Wake up bright and early with a nice cup of coca tea or coffee to witness the amazing sunrise in the mountains and enjoy and energizing yoga and meditation session. Today we have the entire day to explore this magnificent archeological site. CHOQUEQUIRAO is considered the "Twin sister of MACHUPICCHU with almost twice the size, and very son will become one of the major tourist destinations in South America. We will return to our same campsite for dinner and to spend the night.
DAY 4: CHOQUEQUIRAO MARAMPATA LA PLAYA CHIKISKA
We will wake up for the second time is this magical place. After breakfast it will be a 3-hour downhill to Santa Rosa (2230mts/7300ft) - our lunch spot to later continue down for 2 more hours downhill and 2 hours uphill until we arrive to our campsite at Chiquiska (1800m / 5905ft.). This a perfect day to enjoy the surrounding landscape with different flowers, birds, and a waterfall in the distance.
DAY 5: CHIKISKA CAPULIYOC CUSCO
On our final day we have to get up very early to prepare for Machu Picchu and take the bus. Your guide will take you on a 2 to 3-hour comprehensive tour of the city before leaving you in Machu Picchu to explore on your own or climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (must be booked as far in advance as possible). Your guide will explain how to take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for lunch and take the train and bus back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Choquequirao 5-Days Trek To The Lost City Of The Incas
- Transfer in and out from the airport hotel.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before at 6.30pm
- Pick up from your hotel
- All transportation from the beginning to the end
- Personal porter for your personal staff up to 7kgs
- Porters to carry food and equipment
- Chef to prepare all meals
- Professional English speaking tour guides
- Second guide for groups of 8+
- All meals included in our tours except last day lunch in Machupicchu
- 4 man tents for every 2 people
- Sleeping pad
- Entrance ticket to all places we visit
- Horse, horsemen and a emergency horse
- Medical kit in all our tours
- Drinkable water
- Hot water for washing
- Hand towels
- Rain Ponchos
- All Taxes included
Exclusions for Choquequirao 5-Days Trek To The Lost City Of The Incas
- Sleeping Bag (Can be rent from us).
- Inflatable mattress (can be rent from us).
- Trekking poles (can be rent from us).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Machu Picchu Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip as you wish.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rainbow Full Day
- NATURAL SALT MINES AND MORAY TERRACES TOUR FROM OLLANTAYTAMBO TO CUSCO
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu in 4 Days
- Manu Reserved Zone Express 6 Days
- South Valley Tour - Half Day - Private Service
- Day Trip Adventure in the Chuquicahuana River from Cusco
- 4-Day Beer Tasting, Rafting Adventure and Machu Picchu Tour from Cusco
- Quick Trip in 3-Day: City Tour Cusco and Full-Day Trip to Machupicchu