Christchurch Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
OverviewWelcome aboard the Christchurch Tram! Travel on our newly extended track & enjoy this unique and historic way to view the inner city. Drivers provide a live and entertaining commentary. A full circuit takes 50 minutes, includes 17 stops and there are up to four Trams operating. Trams run approximately every 15 minutes and your ticket lasts all day.
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourEnjoy a journey in style through the changing face of Christchurchs city centre on board our beautifully restored heritage Trams, one of Christchurchs leading attractions.
Friendly and knowledgeable drivers will inform you about the city, its landmarks and local sights. Your day-long ticket allows you to get on and off the Tram as often as you please!
The journey takes you to the appropriate stops for Punting on the Avon, and the Caterpillar Tour of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
Cathedral Junction, Avon River, Re:START Mall, Gothic-style Arts Centre, the Canterbury Museum and New Regent Street are just some of sights to be seen from the comfort of your Tram, or accessed from the 17 stops en route.
The journey begins at Cathedral Junction and travels through Cathedral Square before passing the Avon river, Re:START Mall and High Street on our newly-opened track extension. From here the tram rejoins our tram loop and passes the Canterbury Museum, Hagley Park, Victoria Square and New Regent Street. There are currently 17 stops along the route. The trams run every 15-20 minutes.
Inclusions for Christchurch Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
- Admission ticket
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Christchurch Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Seats are cozy and secure, but please note outside seats are not weatherproof
Children must be accompanied on the trams at all times by a paying adult. For safety reasons, we allow one adult to supervise up to five children/infants aged 15 years and under
Folded prams can be accommodated on board the trams
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Jet Boat Day Trip from Christchurch
- Hanmer Springs Quad Bikes
- Christchurch Super Saver: Christchurch Double Decker Bus Tour plus Lord of the Rings Journey to Edoras Tour
- Christchurch Helicopter Tour
- Craft beer tasting tour of Christchurch
- Extreme Jet Boating in Hanmer Springs