Experience the pleasures of a 1.5 hour horse ride on the Banks of the Waimakariri River, with magnificent and breathtaking views of the Southern Alps.
You will be collected from your centrally located Christchruch accommodation and taken approximately 25 minutes from the city center of Christchurch. An experienced teacher will accompany you on the trek and is available to provide advice and assistance. There are treks and horses available for both the beginner and experienced rider.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Why not combine your horse trekking experience with other Christchurch attractions:
- Jet Boat Tour - Choose to enjoy one of the most exhilarating and scenically spectacular jetboat rides available in New Zealand. You will jetboat along the Waimakariri River Gorge through the foothills of the Southern Alps with breathtaking views of rugged snow-capped mountains.
- Sheep Farm Visit - Or visit one of three working sheep farms all set in tranquil and picturesque locations. Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, rounding up the flock and penning them for you to touch, examine and photograph. Enjoy a shearing demonstration and if you wish, you can have a go. Either morning or afternoon tea is included.
Inclusions for Christchurch Horse Trekking
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Horse trekking (1 1/2 hours)
- Jet Boating on Waimakariri River (If option selected at time of booking)
- Sheep farm visit (If option selected at time of booking)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Christchurch Horse Trekking
- Food and drinks
- Cruise port pickup/drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.