Christian RomeWrite a Review
This is a very wholesome tour, which will appease the senses and satisfy the curiosity of the religiously inclined and the history buffs. The tour involves visiting the various chapels and churches, along with burial grounds and other places of religious importance and significance. There’s citations and visitings to the ancient Basilica and the beautiful spiral staircase. The tour ends with a refreshing visit to the baths of Emperor Caracalla.
- The treasures inside the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore.
- The Holy Staircase and the Lateran Palace.
- View of the Baths of Emperor Caracalla.
- Overall viewings of all the attractions.
Know More about this tour
The first stop will be on the Esquiline Hill where our guide will show you some of the treasures inside the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, before continuing by coach to stop and see the Holy Staircase and the Lateran Palace before visiting inside the Basilica of San Giovanni, the cathedral of Rome (visit inside). Then proceeding along the Ancient Appian Way, you will pass by the Chapel of “Domine Quo Vadis?” before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and first hiding places for the Christians. A visit will be made to either the Catacombs of S. Callisto, Santa Domitilla or San Sebastiano depending upon seasonal conditions. The tour will end with a spectacular view of the Baths of Emperor Caracalla.
- Entrance to Basilicas and Catacombs requires appropriate attire (no shorts, miniskirts or uncovered shoulders). It is also advisable to wear comfortable shoes for both visits.
- No drop off at the hotels but stops at: Piazza Venezia – Piazza Cavour – Piazza Barberini – Piazza della Repubblica Stazione Termini.
Inclusions for Christian Rome
- Spectacular view of the Baths of Emperor Caracalla.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If the tour is cancelled between 0 hours to 48 hours before the tour starts, 100% cancellation charges applicable.
- If the tour is cancelled between 2 days or more before the start date, no cancellation charges applicable.
- No show 100% Cancellation charges applicable.