Christian Rome And Underground Basilicas Half-Day Tour
OverviewEnjoy a half-day walking tour of Christian Rome and discover underground treasures in some of the most sensational churches. Your guide will tell your fascinating facts along the way, leading you to the ancient Basilica of San Clemente, and the Cathedral of St. John in the Lateran Palace.
- Skip the line
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourStart at the Basilica of San Clemente, the only church in Rome to be built on 3 different levels. Constructed from the 1st to the 12th centuries, 2 underground floors can now be explored, including the Altar of Mithras from the 1st century.
Continue to the church of the Santi Quattro Coronati, devoted to 4 anonymous saints and martyrs. In 2002, an extraordinary series of frescoes was uncovered depicting scenes from the Zodiac, Four Seasons, Liberal Arts, and King Solomon.
Follow the story of the Emperor Constantine and Pope Sylvester in the Chapel of St. Sylvester, where it is said the famous Constitutum Constantini (Donation of Constantine) took place.
End your tour at the Cathedral of Rome, also known as the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran. The oldest of the 4 Papal Basilicas, St. John Lateran boasts a splendid faade, but its the Scala Sancta (Holy Stairs) that will catch your eye.
* The entrance to the basilicas requires appropriate clothing : shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed.
Inclusions for Christian Rome And Underground Basilicas Half-Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only inside the Aurelian Wall)
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets to Basilica St. Clemente
Exclusions for Christian Rome And Underground Basilicas Half-Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour