Christian Rome And Underground Basilicas - Private Half-Day Tour
OverviewEnjoy a half-day walking tour of Christian Rome and discover underground treasures in some of the most sensational churches. Your guide will tell your fascinating facts along the way, leading you to the ancient Basilica of San Clemente, and the Cathedral of St. John in the Lateran Palace.
- Skip the line
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourGet picked up from your lodging in central Rome and transferred to theBasilica of St. John Lateran, the oldest of the four Papal Basilicas and considered the Church of Rome, to begin your tour. The popes lived in the Lateran Palace until the early 14th century.
The tour continues with a visit of St. Clements Basilica, the only church in Rome to be built on three different levels. Built from the 1st to the 12th century, two of the three underground floors can be explored, including the Mithras altar from the 1st century.
Continue to the Church of the Four Crowned Saints, dedicated to four anonymous saints and martyrs. In 2002, an extraordinary series of frescoes was discovered with scenes of the Zodiac, Four Seasons, Liberal Arts, and King Solomon.
Round off your visit to the Basilica S. Pietro in Vincoli, where you can admire the famous work of Michelangelo, the Moses, before being returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Christian Rome And Underground Basilicas - Private Half-Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (hotels/accommodations in centrally located Rome)
- 3 hours Professional guide
- Entrance tickets to Basilica S. Clemente
Exclusions for Christian Rome And Underground Basilicas - Private Half-Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Please note: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed in the basilicas
Comfortable shoes are recommended
A minimum of two people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome