OverviewEverybody knows what the Roman Empire meant for the world! The Emperors, their power, their weird personalities! Sometimes crazy, sometimes absolute geniuses. From Nero to Maxentius with a single goal: exterminate the Christianity. Come visit where everything started. What St Peter and St Paul did when in Rome, where the Christians were buried, over to the triumph of the Christianity! Art and splendour as a tribute for their lives!
- Excellent value for money
- Hotel pickup included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourGet picked up at your Rome hotel or accommodation by your driver at 8:30am to begin your day.
StartÂ withÂ an intense introduction to the life of St. Peter and St. Paul from a very exclusive spot when Rome is still sleeping. Then stop at the Mamertine Prison, where the two Saints were kept in chains under Emperor Nero. You can also visit it from the inside.
Move to the Aventine Hill, the place where the early Christians started to profess their religion. Visit what once were the first two Domus Iglesias, today known as the Church of Saint Sabina and Saint Prisca, under which the first Christians met in secret.
Move to the Appian Way and explore the Church of Quo Vadis, where you will find amazing evidence of the life of the two Saints. Visit the Catacombs where the early Christians were buried, even if persecuted by the Romans.
Take a break for lunch (own expense) before heading to the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls. Explore the Basilica built on top of the tomb of St Paul. Next, visitÂ the Cathedral of Rome, where there is evidence of the power of the Church after Constantine stopped the persecutions of the Christians: Saint John in Latheran.
Inclusions for Christianity In The Ancient Rome Private Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Christianity In The Ancient Rome Private Tour
- Entrance fees 6 euro per person for the visit to the Mamertine Prison and 8 euro per person for the Catacombs
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Entrance fee to the Mamertine Prison if you choose to visit it from the inside 6 euro per person. Free for kids up to 6 years old
Entrance fee to the Catacombs 8 euro per person and reduced 5 euro per person
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.