Christmas Edition Bolzano Street Food Tour Small-Group
OverviewDiscover Bolzano during the merriest time of the year with this 2.5-hours small-group walking tour. In this version of Bolzano Street Food Tour, your local guide will lead you through the historical center of this charming alpine town, that during the holiday season literally transforms into a fairy tale setting. Festive aromas fills the street, the towns is decorated with shimmering Christmas lights and decorations and an overall romantic and magic atmosphere surrounds you.Your guide will illustrate you the towns history as an old trading town and the most significant monuments, its culinary tradition with particular focus on the Christmas local dishes and traditions and give you an orientation to the Christmas market, that you will discover on your own and mingle with locals.Tastings includes, a special coffee, traditional Christmas cookies, Bruschette and Knoedel (bread dumplings) with a drink (beer, wine or soda) and a traditional mulled wine.
Know More about this tourMeet up with your guide to begin your walking tour, which offers an overview of Bolzano history and Christmas food tradition. Start the tour with a special coffee from a famous local cafeteria. Moving along, you will then visit a local bread producer where you'll enjoy a very special type of bread, Schuettelbrot. Next, you will head on over to the Franciscan Church.
While here you will gain some knowledge about one of its famous guests. Afterwards, pop into the towns oldest bakery to taste traditional Christmas sweets and learn about their history.
Continuing on, youll walk along the medieval street for your next stop, a popular Trattoria for a very Italian Happy hour with bruschette and taste the popular Knoedel (bread dumplings), traditional winter comfort food and typical example of Austrian and German tradition.
In addition to your food journey, discover the Medieval arcades and finish your tour in Walther's Square, with a cup of mulled wine and an orientation to the Christmas Market. Now it's time to dive into the holiday's spirit of Italy's oldest and most famous Christmas market! Mingle with locals, discover the local art-crafts, smell the scented candles and find your new Christmas tree ornament! This is a great experience for the whole family.
Inclusions for Christmas Edition Bolzano Street Food Tour Small-Group
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Christmas Edition Bolzano Street Food Tour Small-Group
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant meals not included
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour by Car: Bressanone Christmas Market, Historical Center and Novacella Abbey
- Snowmobile & Sledding and The Great Dolomites Road Private Tour by car
- Private Day Tour by car: The Heart of the Dolomites
- Innsbruck historical center (Austria) and the Swarovski Crystal Worlds - Private Daily Tour by car
- Bozen private walking tour with a local guide
- Half-day Tour: the Historical Center of Bolzano and the Iceman
- Alto Adige: 2-Hour Typical Ladin Dinner at a Farmstead