Christmas Ornament Factory - Kiev
OverviewWe invite you to the fairytale world of ornaments. Do You know where the Christmas Ornaments appear and they are made? Let us open this magical door for you. You will see how those little miracles in the process of creating. Welcome to the tour Ornament Making Factory located 30 km west of Kiev. Its glass Factory was opened in 1948 and since 1953 has been producing ornaments for New Years tree and is making now hand-painted Christmas ornaments.
Know More about this tour
This tour will introduce you to all stages of production. You will visit the workshop with 14 burners to see how ornaments are getting their shape by blowing. 13 ladies are making them round or ball-like shape and one male worker is making them various shapes fur tree-shape, cossack shape (with tiny ears), etc. In Soviet time factory was one out of five major producers of New Years tree ornaments and had 150 workers blowing them. Medical glass tulles are used here to make ornaments.
Next you will visit the workshop where it is show how ornaments get plated inside with silver so that they shine then painted outside. Drying ornaments after being covered with paint outside takes 20 minutes.
Finally, you will be shown how ornaments are painted by hand with different motives winter landscapes, flowers, fairytale characters, etc..
After the visit to production site you will see exhibits in the factorys Museum of Christmas ornaments from USA, Canada, Europe, Russia and Ukraine. Especially nice are ornaments by Polish private (family) company costing about 400US$ and more. One of the 3 museums rooms has Dutch-style Christmas houses with merry-go-round, fountains and the lake. They are made from ceramic. You will see them operating. Also, see a collection of ornaments made by local factory which is called Hermitage. It's round-shape ornaments have copies of the famous paintings and are painted over in oil.
Then you will have a chance to buy Christmas ornaments and Dutch-style ceramic houses. It is also possible to have the ornaments you buy get an inscription out on them like a wish, or a year or any other phrase.
After shopping you will learn how to paint a Christmas ornament yourself in one of four rooms for master class at the factory. Glass ornaments from Factory exportedto the USA, Canada, Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Australia and can be purchased individually by yourself only in the factory shop.Ornament Factory operate all around the year.
Inclusions for Christmas Ornament Factory
- Private guide -interpreter for a more personalized experience
- 1,5 hour guide service of the Local guide of the Ornament Factory
- Visiting the Factory's workshops, museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle, minivan, or by minibus.
Exclusions for Christmas Ornament Factory
- Entrance fees: Factory and Museum /about 2 US$ per person/
- Master class for Christmas Ornament making /about 5 US$ per person/. Duration 45 minutes.
- Please know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Extra service
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase in factory's shop
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Explore the secrets and technology of the Ornament creation
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.