Churches Of Rome Small-Group Tour: Saint Mary Mayor, Santa Pudenziana And Saint PraxidisWrite a Review
OverviewExplore hidden treasures of Rome on this 2-hour walking tour. With a small group of no more than 15 travelers, visit three of the most beautiful churches in Rome: the Basilicas of Santa Maria Maggiore, St. Pudentiana, and Saint Praxedes. Marvel at the history, art, and architecture each one represents as your guide shares their stories.
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore at about 2pm. Enter the church through one of its five doors and learn about the rituals behind them, and the holy gate that is opened during the Jubilees. Inside the Basilica, see the best preserved late Roman Empire mosaics.
Your guide will show you the highlights in the church, including the chapels of Popes Sixtus V and Paul V, decorated with ancient marble and paintings by disciples of Raphael and Michelangelo. See the Basilica's other precious medieval mosaics and relics, as well as the tombs of the Pontiffs and the grave of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, one of the greatest Baroque architects in Rome.
Continue your tour with a short walk on the Esquilino Hill, where you pass an ancient Roman obelisk and the gate of the city walls. Next you will reach the Basilica of St. Pudentiana, considered one of the oldest places to worship in Rome. This small church contains one of the oldest mosaics of Roman history and is an important destination of pilgrimage.
End your tour with another stop at the Basilica of Saint Praxedis, where the Pillar of the Flogging and other Medieval and Byzantine mosaics are preserved. They decorate the Triumphal Arch above the altar and the Chapel of Saint Zeno.
Your guide will help you relive an important part of Roman history and art that is often overlooked by travelers.
Inclusions for Churches Of Rome Small-Group Tour: Saint Mary Mayor, Santa Pudenziana And Saint Praxidis
- Entrance fees
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Churches Of Rome Small-Group Tour: Saint Mary Mayor, Santa Pudenziana And Saint Praxidis
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Food and drinks are not allowed in the churches, except for water
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.