Cicchetti And Wine Tour Of Venice’s Jewish Ghetto
OverviewMake like a Venetian and enjoy an evening stroll around the 'bcari' (wine bars) of Venices Jewish Ghetto! While exploring the historical quarter with a local guide, visit three bars to enjoy a glass of local wine in each place alongside 'cicchetti' bite-sized appetizers that are served around the city. Learn about local life, food and wine in Venice, and savor enough food for a light evening meal. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group food tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Venices Jewish Ghetto, a historical area in the Cannaregio neighborhood of the city. Many consider the area to be a little piece of authentic Venice, tucked away from the well-trodden tourist trail, where the streets resonate with the sounds of locals laughing and catching up on gossip.
Hear how the Jewish Ghetto was the first of its kind in the world, and how it served as the inspiration for William Shakespeares The Merchant of Venice, as you amble along its pretty streets. While the Jewish population in the ghetto reached a peak of 4,000 inhabitants by the mid-17th century, today Venice is home to around 500 Jews who live all over the city. The quarter still thrives as a spiritual and cultural center for Venice's Jewish community; synagogues and kosher restaurants are just a few of the sights seen, as well as a traditional open-air market, mask-making workshop and bustling independent shops.
After getting a feel for the area, check out three of the ghettos atmospheric bcari. The venues visited are subject to change, but your guide knows the most interesting drinking dens in the area and will select bars based on their good food and wine, friendly atmosphere and dcor think of convivial bars straight out of Italian films with elegant, wine glasslined brick and stone walls.
Inside each bar, enjoy a glass of ombra (Venetian slang for local wine) as well as plates of cicchetti the tasty Venetian appetizers that are served all over the city. The dishes vary, but you can expert tantalizing offerings such as expertly seasoned meatballs, creamy cod mousse or colorful bruschetta. As you nibble on the tasty treats, hear insights from your guide about the local wine and learn about daily life in Venice.
Your tour finishes near Campo della Maddalena, leaving you ideally placed to return to the center independently or continue your night of eating and drinking in the area at your own expense.
Inclusions for Cicchetti And Wine Tour Of Venice’s Jewish Ghetto
- Professional guide
- Taste local cicchetti appetizers and wines at three Cannaregio district wine bars
- 2 glasses of wine
- 1 glass of prosecco
Exclusions for Cicchetti And Wine Tour Of Venice’s Jewish Ghetto
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Unfortunately, due to the particular kind of appetizers served in Venices typical wine bars, they cannot meet special dietary requirements of our clients, such as gluten-free, vegan, etc. options.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.