Cinco Ceibas Day-Trip From Puerto Viejo Of SarapiquiWrite a Review
OverviewExplore Cinco Ceibas National Reserve. In this tour from Puerto Viejo of Sarapiqui you will have the option to choose between different activities including kayaking, horseback riding and going on an Oo cart tour.
- All necessary equipment included
- Fully narrated tour
- Close encounter with wildlife
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with hotel pickup from centrally located hotels in Puerto Viejo of Sarapiqui. Board a vehicle and head to Cinco Ceibas National Park to enjoy a boardwalk tour.
Once at the reserve, a colorful bus will take you from the visitor's center to the elevated rainforest boardwalk. Your expert guide and driver will explain the reforestation efforts and history of the working farm at Finca Pangola. The boardwalk, which is wheelchair accessible, is through a lowland flood zone tropical rainforest that host tremendous bio diversity. Many birds, plants, and animals can be observed as you walk along.
When you have finished exploring, you will be taken by bus back to the visitor's center for your next activity. You can then choose to take part in one of the following optional activities:
Kayaking: Head to the kayak house and enjoy a safety briefing before getting ready to go. Choose a single or double sit-on kayak and then head to the Rio Cuarto, a slow-moving river that meanders through the forest. After 1.5 hours of paddling along, you will end back at the kayak house where you will have the opportunity to shower and relax.
Ox Cart Tour: A comfortable oxen wagon will take you on an educational tour, where you will be pulled by Flaco and Gordo. Along the way, staff members will educate you about Finca Pangola, reforestation, heliconia production, orchids, and a host of other exiting facts. Learn about reforestation, fruit trees, banana and papaya cultivation, and tropical flower production. The tour will also make a stop at the nursery to provide you with a closer look.
Horseback Riding Tour: Drive on a bus to the horse stables, where you will receive safety instructions and a helmet. Depending on your size and weight, the horse guide will choose a horse for you. Then ride through pastures where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the volcanoes in the distance and the Chaperron Mountains closer by. Meander through the reforestation and eventually along the jungle on the boarder of the Rio Cuarto.
After a wonderful full-day adventure, you will be taken back to your Puerto Viejo of Sarapiqui hotel.
Inclusions for Cinco Ceibas Day-Trip From Puerto Viejo Of Sarapiqui
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Afternoon tea
Exclusions for Cinco Ceibas Day-Trip From Puerto Viejo Of Sarapiqui
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.