Cinque Terre And Portovenere From Florence In One Day
OverviewGet an early start on an amazing day journeying out of Florence, and its man-made masterpieces, because you are off to the Italian seaside. Admire nature’s artistry in Liguria, a spectacular region and home of Cinque Terre – the much acclaimed string of seaside villages along the Italian Riviera. Steep terraces adorned with colorful homes and vineyards, rugged fishermen reeling in their daily catches, and the region’s most famous flavor – pesto. All experiences you can enjoy on this tour.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourSit back and relax for this 2.25 hour ride via comfortable, air-conditioned coach. Your guide will entertain you with tales of the area as you cross two regions: Tuscany and Liguria. Both are rich with history, cultures and traditions that deserve to be told. Upon arrival, youll be escorted to a quaint and comfortable public boat.
Tailoring your adventure to the most beautiful sites, weve made sure to include Poets Gulf, of course, via a beautiful cruise. This colorful, evocative and unique coastline is dominated by green hills and clear waters.
The cruise through Poets Gulf will bring you to the town of Portovenere, one of the most stunning places on the West Coast of Italy. Youll notice fishermens boats docked daintily by the beach, colorful homes peppering the scenery, an old castle looming on the horizon, churches standing omnipresent. Enjoy free time to explore this beautiful village on your own.
After a pleasant 1.25 hour cruise down the Ligurian coastline, well stop at Monterosso, the largest town among the Cinque Terre. Dine on a local dish as you please, stroll, shop, sit, swim (dont forget to pack your swimsuit) or even hike withan optional 45-minute light hike. Let your tour leader guide you through the terraced vineyards, the ancient olive groves and the spectacular panoramic views. After the hike, you will still be able to enjoy free time and wander around the charming town of Monterosso. So, the choice is entirely yours!
Then it is all aboard! as you are taken by train to the charming town of Vernazza, characterized by its narrow streets and small square looking out over the sea. It is so picturesque it will seem like youve stepped into a Renaissance painting. But it is entirely authentic, we assure you.
The final destination is Manarola. here youll be dazzled with views of the tiny harbour, full of colourful boats and vibrant natural formations. Once again, take your time to amble around the area on your own and discover everything fate has in store for just you.
Be sure to savor your final sampling of the Liguria regions famous flavors, including its highly prized pesto, because soon youll be back on board the train for a quick ride to your private air-conditioned coach to Florence.
Inclusions for Cinque Terre And Portovenere From Florence In One Day
- Round-trip transport from Florence in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Public boat tickets
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso, Vernazza and Manarola
- Train tickets
- 1.5 hour boat cruise
- 45mins optional light hike with tour leader
- Expert local guide
Exclusions for Cinque Terre And Portovenere From Florence In One Day
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated.
This tour ends near Santa Maria Novella Train station.
It is imperative to arrive promptly at the meeting point, at least 15 minutes prior to departure time. Late arrivals will not be eligible for a refund.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Please note that the boat journey of the Cinque Terre might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey.
In case of bad weather conditions, the boat might not be able to sail. In such occasions, the itinerary will be different, as we will not visit Portovenere (since it is only reachable by boat) but will include instead Riomaggiore.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- FAST-TRACK ON ARRIVAL: Personal Assistant & Porter at Florence SMN Station
- Florence Full Day Tour with David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and More