Citadelle Laferriere Sightseeing Tour From Cap-HaitianWrite a Review
Welcome to the eight wonder of the world, Citadelle Laferriere, a must see when visiting Haiti. Explore this UNESCO World Heritage site, which sits high on a hill on the northern coast of Haiti and overlooks the bay of Cap-Haitian. On this tour you'll see the ruins of Sans Souci Palace before heading up to the Citadelle by either foot or horseback. A typical Haitian-style lunch is included as well as hotel transportation.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Begin with pickup at your Cap-Haitien hotel, then travel to the city of Milot to see San Souci Palace, the ruined residence of King Henri I, who helped lead the Haitian revolution against French rule. Learn the history of the UNESCO-listed site, and about the tragic fate of King Henri Christophe, then keep driving to the Citadelle Laferrire.
Upon arrival at the Citadelle Laferrire parking area, youll have the option to follow the limestone path to the top on horseback, or continue to the summiton foot, a 30-minute walk. The UNESCO-listed citadel is built on top of Bonnet lEveque mountain, and on clear days, the fortress has views all the way to Cuba. Explore the mountaintop landmark with your guide, and hear about its construction in the wake of Haitian independence. Your guided tour also includes the onsite Citadel Museum of Artillery, where youll see the forts 18th century cannons, along with mortars and howitzers.
After visiting the Citadelle Laferrire, return to Milot for a Haitian-style lunch, witha show of tambour drumming and Haitian folklore as you eat. Continue to Cap-Haitienfora short tour of the city before finishing the day with drop-off at your original departure point.
Please note: pickup and drop-off are also available at the Cap-Haitien cruise port and airport, and transfer from the Dominican border may be arranged for some groups.
Inclusions for Citadelle Laferriere Sightseeing Tour From Cap-Haitian
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Citadelle and Sans Souci Palace entry fees
- Horseback ride to the Citadelle
- Lunch with cultural show
- Bottled water
- Cap-Haitian tour
Exclusions for Citadelle Laferriere Sightseeing Tour From Cap-Haitian
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.