City Of David And Underground Jerusalem Day Tour
OverviewDiscover the City of David in Jerusalem on an essential day trip. Formerly the settlement where King David established his Kingdom, the City of David is now a thriving archaeological park where ongoing excavations confirm many a Bible story.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDeparting from central Jerusalem in your air-conditioned coach, your first stop is the Mount of Olives for scenic views over Jerusalem. From this vantage point you will see Temple Mount Esplanade of the Old City, where heaven is said to meet earth.
Traveling along the Kidron Valley you will pass the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed prior to his Crucifixion, before continuing to the walls of the Old City. From here, take a short drive to Mount Zion to visit the tomb of King David the second King of Israel, famed for the David and Goliath battle. Close to his tomb is the Hall of the Last Supper, where Jesus shared the Last Supper with his disciples.
Enter the Jewish quarter via the Zion Gate (Davids Gate) and explore the four Sephardic synagogues from the 16th century, which have been restored to their former grandeur. Envisage how the wealthy Jerusalemites lived it up over 2000 years ago at the excavated Herodian Mansions. Once occupied by the rich, Jewish Temple priests and their families, these former luxury mansions were built on terraces (one of top of the other) so that each one had an unrestricted view of the temple.
Just south of the Old City, your day trip will head over to the narrow ridge running down from the Temple Mount. This hilltop ridge is the area of Jerusalem known as the City of David, captured by King David over three thousand years ago. Above ground, the City of David is a vibrant hive of activity, but it is underground where recent excavations reveal the most exciting archeological finds of the ancient world. Here you can sense the geographical significance of this striking ancient city before returning back.
Inclusions for City Of David And Underground Jerusalem Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for City Of David And Underground Jerusalem Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 9 Hour Masada Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour from Jerusalem
- Underground Tour: From the City of David to the Western Wall
- 2-Hour Group Guided Tour of Yad Vashem's Holocaust History Museum
- Jerusalem Full Day Tour
- Ashdod Shore Excursion: Private Jerusalem Tour Including Western Wall
- Jerusalem Three Religions Mount of Olives Walking Tour