City Sightseeing Chester 2 DaysWrite a Review
The City Sightseeing Chester Open Top Bus Tour will introduce you to the historic city of Chester as you view its old City Walls, the Cathedral, and Roman Amphitheatre. Travel back in time see everything that makes this city immortal.
- Chester was founded as a “castrum” or Roman fort in the year 79 AD by the Roman Legio II Adiutrix during the reign of the Emperor Vespasian. Chester's four main roads, Eastgate, Northgate, Watergate and Bridge, follow routes laid out at this time – almost 2,000 years ago. No city in Britain is richer in terms of archaeological and architectural treasures than Chester with its Walled City on the River Dee.
- The City Sightseeing Chester Open Top Bus Tour will introduce you to the City Walls, the Cathedral, Roman Amphitheatre and all the things to do in the city. Discover how Chester has survived and prospered through the ebb and flow of history as you are transported around the city.
Know More about this tour
Let City Sightseeing highlight all the things to do in Chester!
Just as Chester's history has been linked with the River Dee, so it is with the Chester Tour. The bus crosses the Dee by both the Grosvenor and Old Dee Bridges and at The Groves provides a convenient connection with the river cruises operated by Bithell's Boats - take advantage of a combined Bus & River Cruise Ticket. Visit Frodsham Street where shopaholics will find both the Mall and Grosvenor Shopping centres. The Forum Shopping Centre and Markets are also worth a visit. Discover the site of the ancient Amphitheatre where the partially-excavated ruins of the largest stone-built Roman military remain. To feed your appetite for history further, visit the award winning Dewa Roman Experience where you can enjoy wandering through Roman Streets, explore archaeological remains and handle ancient relics in a hands-on studio or hop off at the Grosvenor Street Museum.
Plenty of things to do and see in the ancient city
Hop off at the Racecourse or County Hall & Castle. Or travel through three centuries of Cheshire history at the Cheshire Military Museum which highlights the history of four famous Army Regiments connected with the County of Cheshire from 1685 to the present day. Let City Sightseeing highlight all there is to see and help you plan your stay in the city. In the evening you may want to unwind in chic and trendy bars which serve award winning cocktails and champagne. Perhaps you might want to dine on delicious a la carte meals or discover the city’s real ale pubs and cosy bistros. Also on offer are clubs, live entertainment and ten-pin bowling. For something a little different, try an evening cruise on the river - good food, great music and an unbeatable view!
Start Point:Monday - Saturday (green route) Chester Railway Station*
Sunday (blue route) Chester Railway Station*
*you can hop on at any stop on the route. The last bus will leave Chester Railway at 4pm daily.
Duration: 55 minutes
Frequency: 20 - 30 minutes
First Bus : 10.00
Last Bus : 16.30
Ticket Length: 48 hours
Inclusions for City Sightseeing Chester 2 Days
- Pre-recorded English, English Live Guide on some departures.
- Transfer by bus.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 24 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.