City Sightseeing Galway Hop On Hop Off Tour
OverviewWith a 48-hour City Sightseeing hop on hop off ticket, theres no easier way to discover what Galway has to offer! Explore this Irish citys culture, history and attractions from the comfort of our open-top, double decker tour bus! Passengers can hop-on and hop-off at any of the 8 tour stops to explore Galway at their own pace, including tourist hotspots such as Eyre Square, Spanish Arch, Lynchs Castle and Salthill Promenade!
Know More about this tour
Passengers on-board the bus can choose whether to hop-on and hop-off at any of the tour stops along the route or stay on the tour for the full duration which is roughly 60 minutes.
You will dive straight into the history and culture of Galway at Stop 1, Eyre Square, where the famous Browne Doorway is housed. The doorway of the Browne family who were wealthy merchants and members of the Tribes of Galway, still stands in Eyre Square today and is a popular monument for tourists to visit.
Other historic attractions along the route include the Spanish Arch which was built back in 1584 and two of its arches are still present today for tourists to explore. Also, the Lynch Castle, another of Galways oldest landmarks, was originally built in the 16th century but was altered in 1966 and turned into a bank.
Take a break from exploring the historic side of Galway and hop-off at Stop 3 to visit the OConnor Pub, which featured in Ed Sheerans hit music video Galway Girl!
Another fun attraction is the Salthill Village and Promenade at Stops 4 and 5. This village was once famous for fishing and still oozes a traditional Irish culture, however today it is also home to many contemporary and vibrant eateries and bars!
Hop back on to enjoy panoramic views of some of Galways most impressive architectures, such as the Galway Cathedral, which is also one of the largest buildings in the city!
The tour stops along the route include:
- Eyre Square (Main Stop)
- Galway Coach Station (Discover Ireland Centre)
- Spanish Arch (Galway City Museum)
- Salthill Village (National Aquarium)
- Salthill Promenade (Blackrock Diving Tower)
- Threadneedle Road
- Galway Cathedral (NUIG)
As you travel along the route, enjoy the on-board audio commentary available in several languages.
Inclusions for City Sightseeing Galway Hop On Hop Off Tour
- Unlimited hop-on hop-off for 48 hours
- On-board audio commentary available in several languages + free headphones
- Discount booklet including offers on local eateries, attractions and shopping
Exclusions for City Sightseeing Galway Hop On Hop Off Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Season: March to October
Duration: 60 Minutes
Frequency: 45 minutes (Peak Time), 90 minutes (Off Peak)
First Tour: 10:30AM
Last Tour: 3PM
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Connemara Day Trip Including Leenane Village and Kylemore Abbey from Galway
- Connemara Day Tour
- Cliffs of Moher Express from Galway
- Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Galway
- Beach Horse Riding in Connemara on the Wild Atlantic Way - Half Day Guided Tour
- Beach Horse Riding in Connemara on the Wild Atlantic Way - 1-Day Guided Tour
- Open-Top Galway City Tour
- Guided Bicycle Tour of Galway City