City Tour And Sea Lions At Punta Loma From Puerto Madryn
OverviewIn this tour you will explore the historic old city of Puerto Madryn with its shopping center, springs, scenic spots and Punta Loma, a settlement of furry sea lions followed by Playa Punta Este and Paraná, where you can see a sunken ship in mid-water. In addition to having a significant historical legacy for Patagonia, the City of Puerto Madryn is a booming urban center with modern buildings.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThe tour starts with the pick up from Puerto Madryn hotels. Time will be arranged directly with the local operator days before the excursion.
Traveling towards the south of the city to the end of the Boulevard Alte. Brown, you can find the Punta Cuevas Area, a historical site and home of the first Welsh settlers in Chubut. The caves were the first dwelling in Puerto Madryn, which were dug by the settlers and one of the oldest in colonized Patagonia.The most ancient houses in Patagonia were built on this site. Today, an exhibition center stands and displays objects which would belong to the colonists to tell the history of the Indian and Welsh culture
A few meters from there, you will find the Tehuelche Indian Monument. This place offers a panoramic view of golf Nuevo, the city with its beaches and its piers. 150 meters ahead, you will find Ecocentro,dedicated to the interpretation of marine ecosystems and the development of educational, scientific and cultural activities. You will be able to appreciate a beautiful panoramic view of the city, the beaches and the industrial park.
The ancient buildings and the church are assembled around the General San Martn square. As you advance around the last roundabout and leave the Luis Piedrabuena pier behind, you will head to Yrigoyen Street. Head up to Mosconi and reach Chalet Pujol where presently resides Oceanographic and Natural Sciences Provincial Museum.
Continuing towards the south, 14 km over gravel road and head to the protected area of Punta Loma (pay your own entrance fee). Gain access from a view point on a cliff and head to Golf Nuevo where you will see a colony of sea-lions and colony cormorants. The area can be visited all years round, taking into account the low-tide time tables.
The tour finishes with the drop off at Puerto Madryn hotels.
Inclusions for City Tour And Sea Lions At Punta Loma From Puerto Madryn
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for City Tour And Sea Lions At Punta Loma From Puerto Madryn
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Natural Reserve Entrance fee
- Cruise Port pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Cruise Passengers are not allowed to take this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Puerto Madryn Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Punta Tombo Penguin Colony
- Full Day Tour to Punta Ninfas from Puerto Madryn
- Private Shore Excursion: Punta Loma Natural Reserve
- Peninsula Valdes National Park Day Trip
- Punta Tombo Penguin Colony and Union Beach from Puerto Madryn with optional Toninas Watching
- Full Day Tour to Florentino Ameghino Dam from Puerto Madryn
- Puerto Madryn Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Trelew and Gaiman