City Tour Cusco And The 4 Archaeological Sites
OverviewCusco the capital city if the ancient Inca empire, known as the bally button of the earth. Cusco were home of the Inca rulers, that is one of the reason why in it can be found palaces, administration centers and important temples dedicated to different divinities, In our mother days some of the Inca temples were constructed colonial catholic churches, with a magnificent Spanish architecture, that makes and exceptional city to explore.
Know More about this tourThe city tour of Cusco will give you the opportunity to discover the enigma of this marvellous city and the surrounding archaeological sites.We pick you up from your hotel at 1:15 pm and bring you to the main Plaza de Armas at 1:30 pm, where you will meet you travel mates (in case of shared service). We start by visiting the main cathedral of Cusco where you can observe the colonial architecture and amazing paintings of the Cusquea school (well known for its religious iconography painted by Cuscqueos) Afterwards we take you to Koricancha (golden palace) and Santo Domingo convent. Here is a perfect example of the fusion of Inca and Christian culture.
After your tour in the city, we will take the bus and drive to the impressive Inca fortress of Saqsaywoman, where you will be amazed by the rocks used for construction, some of them weight more than 300 tons.
The tour continues with the discovery of the underground temple of Quenqo, (labyrinth) with impressive rock carvings and tunnels carved into the solid rock. This religious temple is dedicated to the worship of mother earth.
After a few minutes ride we will see a small fortress of Puka Pucara (red fortress) used as military control entrance gate to Cusco. Walking for few minutes we will arrive at Tambomachay (water temple), temple dedicated to worship the water, fertility and longevity. We return to Cusco at the end of the day around 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, if you want, you can ask your tour guide to stop at one of the souvenir shops on way back.
Inclusions for City Tour Cusco And The 4 Archaeological Sites
- Tourist bus (12 to 20 people as shared service)
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- Local cellphone
- 24 hour support from company owner
- Which visits are included in the tour:
- Main cathedral of Cusco.
- Qoricancha and Santo Domingo convent.
- Visit to the 4 main Archaeological Sites: SAQSAYHUAMAN, QENQO, PUKA PUCARA, TAMBO MACHAY,
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for City Tour Cusco And The 4 Archaeological Sites
- Not Included:
- Entrance tickets to the Main Cathedral (25 Soles) and Qoricancha (10 Soles).
- Entrance tickets to the 4 archaeological sites (Cusco Tourist Ticket, 130 Soles approx. US$ 49 - half price for students with a valid student card: We recommend you buy the General Tourist Ticket that allows you to visit 15 places, including the ruins of Cusco and the museums. Otherwise you can purchase a one day partial ticket which allows a one day visit of just the Cusco sites, only including Saqsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pucara and Tambo Machay. This is in case you are not planning to visit any of the Sacred Valley archaeological sites.)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Insurance of any kind
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rainbow Full Day
- NATURAL SALT MINES AND MORAY TERRACES TOUR FROM OLLANTAYTAMBO TO CUSCO
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu in 4 Days
- Manu Reserved Zone Express 6 Days
- South Valley Tour - Half Day - Private Service
- Day Trip Adventure in the Chuquicahuana River from Cusco
- 4-Day Beer Tasting, Rafting Adventure and Machu Picchu Tour from Cusco
- Quick Trip in 3-Day: City Tour Cusco and Full-Day Trip to Machupicchu