City Walking Tour Of Rotterdam
OverviewExplore one the most unique and modern cities in the Netherlands, with a 3-hour guided walking tour of Rotterdam. Although not the newest city in the Netherlands, there is much to discover on these streets.Gain an understanding of how the city was shaped by the historicBlitz of 1940, see the new architecture that replaced the old, and explore the remaining few buildings that survived the attack. Choose from multiple departure times when you book.
Know More about this tour
Start your tour with a taste of a local snack (famous buscuit) atlocal business in a Central Location.
Before, exploring Rotterdam's impressive architecture you will get a taste of the insider perspective through various short stories and anecdotes. The guide will start the introduction by explaining the most common Dutch misconception, the difference between Holland and the Netherlands.
The tour will take you on an adventure from start to finish through the city's modern and iconic architecture starting with the recently completed Central Station to the Timmerhuis by OMA to the impressive Market Hall.
However, in the process you will get the chance to experience the recent local initiatives and the very few historic buildings remaining after the 1940 Blitz such as the City Hall & Laurenskerk. You will even walk on the underground dam which gave the city its name and the old fisherman's settlement that arose around it in 1270 and evolved into present-day Rotterdam.
There will a short, on-demand break halfway through the tour.
As we approach the end of the walk (not far from 'pancake' street) your guide will point out some of the best places to try traditional snacks which you must try before leaving the city, including the famous cafe which is known to sell the best apple pie in the Netherlands!
Lastly, you will get a viewof the Cube Houses!
Inclusions for City Walking Tour Of Rotterdam
- Professional guide
- City Map & Insider Tips
- Stroopwafel (traditional 'cookie' from Gouda)
Exclusions for City Walking Tour Of Rotterdam
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.