OverviewThis 2-hour tour will explore Pensacola's Civil War history learning how the war almost began here and why it became the most militarized and hotly contested city in Florida. Your tour also includes a visit inside the Pensacola lighthouse and a look at Civil War era forts.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourYour morning will begin by visiting downtown Pensacola and discoveringÂ the city's Civil War past. You'll learn how Pensacola went from being the largest and most prosperous city in Florida to a town largely burnt and destroyed. Your guide will explain how the citizens of Pensacola got caught onto the secessionist sentiment and how President Lincoln and the nation felt the war would begin in Pensacola.
The tour will progress toward the Naval Air Station, which in 1861 was the site of the second largest shipyard in the South and three fortifications. Â Soon, Pensacola became the most militarized and hotly contested city in Florida. You'll see the battle lines and experience why the Federal enclave became a haven for runaway slaves. Your guide will provide you with expert commentary and will play music from the era to bring this story alive with remarkable clarity, action and strategy. The tour includes a visit to the top of the Pensacola Lighthouse and inside Ft. Barrancas--one of the best preservedÂ Civil War fortsÂ in the South.
Inclusions for Civil War Tour Of Pensacola
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Civil War Tour Of Pensacola
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.