Civil War Walking Tour Of Savannah
OverviewGreat for those interested in Savannahs history, this guided tour takes you back to the Civil War era on a leisurely walk through the Savannah Historic District. Pass the houses of the Souths most prominent generals and visit homes and buildings that were present during the war years of the 1860s. Along the way, your guide will entertain you with interesting stories and facts about Savannahs role in the war, as well as its military strategies and civilian hardships during those infamous years.
Know More about this tourYour 2-hour Savannah walking tour begins in Reynolds Square. This site was the center of colonial government in the 1700s and once held the House of Assembly, where the first reading of the Declaration of Independence took place in Georgia. Most of Savannahs most historically significant and interesting buildings are located here.
As your guide leads you through the Savannah Historic District, one of the largest National Historic Landmark Districts of its kind in the US, pass houses of the Souths most prominent generals and see architecture that was present during the Civil War.
Youll discover how the war started in Savannah with the seizing of Fort Pulaski by Georgian troops. Learn about Savannahs role in the Civil War, as well as its military strategies as a Confederate state, and hear fascinating stories about the hardships that civilians endured during those years.
Your Civil War walking tour ends back at Reynolds Square.
Inclusions for Civil War Walking Tour Of Savannah
- Professional guide
- History of Savannah's role in the Civil War
- Small Group experience
Exclusions for Civil War Walking Tour Of Savannah
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.