OverviewImmerse yourself in the magical city of Rome on a fully customizable 8-hour Private tour of Rome with no waiting in line . Enjoy Romes incredible 2500 year history at your own pace, including the Colosseum ,Vatican , Pantheon and more - a total of 20 stops. Pick up and drop off just outside your cruiseship exit, and youre guaranteed to not miss your boat. Our VIP port-to-port excursion will take you to all the iconic places in the city. Dont delay, book your excursion now!
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourAfter disembarking from the cruise around 8am, head just 30-meters from the cruise ship to meet up with a friendly English-speaking driver. From there, head directly to St. Peter’s Square via luxury vehicle . Located behind the walled Vatican City (and seat of the Catholic Church), this is where you’ll be able to see Michelangelo’s magnificent Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and its impressive square.
After exploring the area independently, head to the colorful Piazza di Spagna and its world famous Spanish Steps. Stop here and soak in the full flavor of Roman life. Then head over to the Colosseum to marvel at its intricate underground passageways. This majestic ruin, the largest amphitheater built during the Roman Empire, was begun in 72 AD by Vespasian. For a small extra fee, you may purchase a skip the line ticket, a guided tour option, an audio guide, or video tour. Head to the Pantheon, the best preserved building from ancient Rome. Built by Emperor Hadrian in 126 AD its magnificent dome is lasting testimony to the genius of Roman architects, as the building stands virtually intact it offers a unique opportunity for the modern visitor to step back thousands of years and experience ancient Rome.
Other stops along the way include Trevi Fountain, Navona’s Square and Venice Square. The itinerary offered is flexible and can be modified to fit your schedule. Choose from a luxury sedan up to 3 people , minivan for up to 9 people or opt for a minibus for 16-19 people. An informative driveras a true local expert will take you to every site and share his knowledge along the way. The driver will pick you up around 4pm and have you back to port by 5:30pm, allowing plenty of time for maximum exploring.
Please note that a tour guide is not included and the driver will not enter any of the sites with you.
Inclusions for Civitavecchia Cruise Port: Private Full Day Tour To Rome
- Private English-speaking driver
- Booklet (available in German, French, English or Spanish)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Virtual, multi-language guide in minivan
Exclusions for Civitavecchia Cruise Port: Private Full Day Tour To Rome
- Entrance fees
- Tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Skip the Line tickets to the main Rome attractions (Colosseum and Vatican)
- The Vatican City (St Peter's Basilica)
- Castel Sant'Angelo
- Navona's Square
- Trevi's Fountain
- Venice Square
- Spanish step
- Roman Forum
- The Coliseum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.