Civitavecchia To Rome Full-Day Tour With Skip-the-Line Colosseum
OverviewThis 8-hour shore excursion includes a panoramic driving tour covering major highlights of the area, plus a skip-the-line visit to the Colosseum. Take a drive and view the many historic monuments and sites along the way to the world's most famous amphitheater.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your ship in Civitavecchia and begin your approximate 1-hour journey to Rome. Once in Rome, start with a panoramic drive including the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, the Aurelian Walls, Caracalla Baths, Circus Maximus, Venice Square, Marcello Theatre, the Temple of Vesta, and Portunus. Upon reaching the Colosseum you will have skip-the-line access to the most important amphitheater in the Roman world, which was built between 75 and 80 AD, and is large enough to seat 80,000 spectators. It was used until 523 when, under Theodoric, the gladiator games were prohibited.
Next to it is the Arch of Constantine, the biggest and best preserved ancient arch. Erected in 315 to commemorate Constantines triumph on Maxentius, it is realized with structures and decorations belonging to monuments from previous age. Explore the ruins of the Roman Forum, the political, social and religious heart of the ancient city. Here you will see the Senate House, the ruins of many Temples, including one to 'Divine' Julius Caesar, and the original paving stones of the Via Sacra, route of Triumphal Processions.
Then climb up to the Palatine Hill, where Rome was founded in the 8th century BC. Then, visit the ruins of the Imperial Palace with views over the Circus Maximus, where the chariot races were staged before being taken back to the port at tour's end.
Inclusions for Civitavecchia To Rome Full-Day Tour With Skip-the-Line Colosseum
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Skip-the-line ticket to Colosseum
- Admission to Roman Forum
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Some free time in Rome's center
Exclusions for Civitavecchia To Rome Full-Day Tour With Skip-the-Line Colosseum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport